User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you wait for an RV with no issues, you will never buy one. We may have a frame issue -we may not. Aug 5th inspection will confirm. All said, I would still order the same unit again and deal with whatever issues come along.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, what others have said. Think about how many posts you see discussing upgrades, places to go, places gone, experiences, etc. All of those same people likely have dealt with issues of some type or another. But you don't see many posts saying they are quitting RVing in disgust because of the issues. So, either the benefits outweigh the problems, or we all need to get our heads examined.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good advice so far, and I would have the same apprehensions as many when buying. I doubt you will find any manufacturer building a product any better than Grand Design at the present time, especially in their price range.

As mentioned, your best way to get started is spend several hours in the trailer before signing any papers. Go over everything and make sure it works and looks good! That way, at least you start off with a good chance of success.

I feel it's got to be understood that almost all of the issues that might occur can be fixed. It seems many of the complaints are that the issues are not fixed by GD or the dealer under warranty in a timely manner. That may well be true, so I feel it's possible the buyer may well have to expect to have to foot the bill for some repairs. Frame and suspension upgrades, better tires, and various other repairs are all available, and may just be part of the RV experience.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Remember, what you're hearing are all complaints. And the number of new customers is through the roof, so for every one you read about, there are many, many more that have few, if any, issues. Buying an RV, any RV, is a bit of a crapshoot: you roll the dice and sometimes you roll a seven, and sometimes it's snake eyes. Do your due diligence, and hope for the best.
    100% agree!

If you go to any product forum or any review you will always see the complaints. For example I bought a new 2021 Ram truck last year and I went to the Ram forums before I purchased and saw all kinds of complaints from people who had issues. But I still bought my truck and I have never has an issue with mine.

Product forums are notorious for people talking about issues they have but that could be why they came to the forum in the first place.
    Last edited by Corky2; 07-27-2022 at 08:09 AM.
    2022 Imagine 22RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7 Hemi 4X4
    USAF Veteran

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz80 View Post
    Please put me at ease, we're scheduled to take delivery Saturday of a 2023 260RD, from posts I'm seeing over the last week on FB with frame/suspension and roof issues I am deeply concerned we're stepping into a hornets nest... what the heck has happened to the quality of GD trailers! I understand there will always be issues with every manufacturer but there seems to be a reoccurring theme with GD models.
    Kind of leaning towards bailing on purchasing a GD trailer at this time!
    We have the 2022 260RD and couldn't be happier with it or GD. As others have said, the unhappy owners tend to make the most noise.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you all for the input you've provided... still moving forward with picking up the rig Saturday, after a thorough look over!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are able, try to camp in it that night. It will give you an opportunity to check things out more in depth.
    Hobienick

2012 F150 SCREW 3.5 EB, 6.5 Bed, Max Tow
    2022 Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Stuff will happen, mostly small things, sometimes big things; but they will happen.
    ^^ So well said.

Don't expect automotive quality. GD is at least as good as anything comparably priced.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will make these suggestions because they have affected me on my 2021 340RDS. 1. Check the roof. Look for signs that there isn't enough adhesive bonding the membrane. We were that RV you see on the Interstate with air under the roof. You know the ones that make you say, "How do they not know that?". We have just begun the process of warranty work, but so far, I'm disappointed, but that's a different story altogether. I could tell something didn't look right because the roof membrane was not tight on the sides where it overlaps down to the trim piece. There were also lots of small (1 to 2 inches) bubbles. Now it has lifted so much that the frame of the front AC has torn the membrane. 2. Check the frame and suspension for excessive salt corrosion and rust. Our rig was apparently delivered to Oklahoma in February of 2021(Think "Snowmageddon"), and was pulled through lots of icy, salty roads. When I purchased the RV, I didn't notice that it was in really bad shape underneath. GD will not warranty rust or corrosion so don't buy one that has that problem. With all that said, we still love our rig, but if I had it to do over again, I would have picked a different 340RDS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is anecdotal but in my mind it cemented the good customer service reputation of Grand Design…

We just returned to the sticks ‘n bricks house after 3 weeks traveling through New England and on the way home at a rest stop on the NY Thruway we saw a Grand Design mobile repair truck. Couldn’t help myself and went over and introduced myself to the tech - Jack - who was on his way home to Elkhart. Said he’d been to Tennessee, then Upstate New York to work on some customers’ rigs and that his was one of 10 rigs on the road now. He asked me how we liked our Imagine and I told him we loved our rig and would buy another.

The point is, Grand Design customer service is backed up by 10 mobile rigs traveling the country working on customer’s trailers. If all the Facebook whining was valid I doubt we’d have 10 GD repair teams across the USA taking care of folks like us.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast