User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    ginjay00

changing out couch

Hello! We purchased a 2015 Solitude 369RL a few months ago. We are full-timers and want to change out the recliner couch with a tri-fold hide a bed. Our dealer is not being very helpful. Does anyone know where we could purchase one and are there any problems moving out the old and bringing in the new? Any info will be greatly appreciated. I am tired of the run around we are getting from the dealer. Frustrating!!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a few RV furniture suppliers that I've seen in the magazines, can't recall the names off the top of my head but I'm sure a quick web search or someone on the forum may recall the names. It looks like retro fitting into an RV is their specialty, though.
    Steve & Diane -
    Home is where we park it now.
    Furry Kid; Springer Spaniel
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2015 Ram 3500/DRW/4x4/6.7TD/AISN/4.10/4 Door-Long Bed
    B&W Companion in Factory Pucks

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginjay00 View Post
    I am tired of the run around we are getting from the dealer. Frustrating!!!
    This one is easy . . . just contact Grand Design directly. They should put this on their phone system . . . for "frustrated with dealer press 1" .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this! There are some of us who could wear out our #1 buttons on our phones! Lynne and I have been fortunate- as full timers we have worked with a few dealers, with decent results as far as time frame and competence. Our (former) home town purchase dealer, Windish in Lakewood, CO was OK but needed guidance on a couple items. McClain RV in Rockwall, TX did excellent on an Atwoos furnace problem, had to wait almost a month to get Schwintek gear tracks for the bedroom slide. Work was completed in one day. Happy Trails RV in Rockwall, TX, ordered and installed a new 8 cu. ft. Atwood refrigerator (not GD dealer but authorized Atwood service center). Tarpley RV in Durango, CO received and installed our proper 6000 lb. axles as well as 4 new tires, work completed in 2 days.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I specified which couch when I purchased and they were able to swap for me. GD told me they are designed to be removed through the main door. Where are you at? We are actually selling our pull out couch to make more room for our kids. Retail is about $1500 for the couch or theater love seat. We're selling our lightly used one much cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ginjay00
    We are in central Idaho around Coeur d' Alene.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginjay00 View Post
    We are in central Idaho around Coeur d' Alene.

Thats a little bit away from us, I'm down near Pensacola, FL. I'm actually looking to head toward the Sandpoint area hopefully next fall but that doesnt really help you too much. If you find yourself down in this part of the country the offer is open. Like I said though, Grand Design did say that the couches can be removed from the main door. During my research it looked like most any RV option is going to be a bit more expensive than your standard couches. We had a hard time finding any replacement conventional couches that would fit in the space available for the RV. Now we are planning on putting in a loft style bed for the toddler in place of the fold out couch. Best of luck on the replacement.