User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection awning shorting

I have a 2020 reflection 295RL that one awning keeps shorting soon as a push the switch ,other awning is fine . I tested the switch on the other awning its fine, I thought it was the motor so replaced that and still doing it. So that being said are the wires secured in the walls or can they be pulled without ripping the walls off inside im guessing the wire is exposed someplace

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by critterstuffer95 View Post
    I have a 2020 reflection 295RL that one awning keeps shorting soon as a push the switch ,other awning is fine . I tested the switch on the other awning its fine, I thought it was the motor so replaced that and still doing it. So that being said are the wires secured in the walls or can they be pulled without ripping the walls off inside im guessing the wire is exposed someplace
    Had the same issue & the dealer replaced the power wire & discovered a staple had pierced the wire.
    Matt, Trish, Conner & Ethan
    2022 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 Ram 3500 Laramie
    Both Retired USAF

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear, the fuse is blowing? The term short is often misused and I want to be sure we are chasing the right problem.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Just to be clear, the fuse is blowing? The term short is often misused and I want to be sure we are chasing the right problem.
    Yes you are correct the fuse is blowing

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like the quickest way would be to use a multi-meter to try to isolate the short. Disconnect the wire to the awning at the switch and also at the awning motor, and then check to see if the short is in that circuit. Then, with wire still disconnected check to see if switch is defective.

I would just assume the wiring from the switch to awning runs through the ceiling.
    2020 Reflection 273MK