User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riverbug, we contacted our Ins company and I'm curious to see what they say. I've ordered eternabond and sealant as I'll need to do some sort of patch either way. I'm looking for the right glue as Thorvald suggested, to see about gluing down the loose membrane where I can first.

Thanks for the replies.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRoad View Post
    Riverbug, we contacted our Ins company and I'm curious to see what they say. I've ordered eternabond and sealant as I'll need to do some sort of patch either way. I'm looking for the right glue as Thorvald suggested, to see about gluing down the loose membrane where I can first.

Thanks for the replies.
    I would personally leave insurance out as they will recoup their costs in increased premiums because it will be an expensive claim plus your deductible

A person could cover their entire roof with eternabond and it likely would never leak
    Might not look good but it is just the roof

Unfortunately contacting insurance may already put a ding on your file. I would ask them if not filing a claim will still affect your premiums
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I would personally leave insurance out as they will recoup their costs in increased premiums because it will be an expensive claim plus your deductible

A person could cover their entire roof with eternabond and it likely would never leak
    Might not look good but it is just the roof

Unfortunately contacting insurance may already put a ding on your file. I would ask them if not filing a claim will still affect your premiums
    I would definitely contact my insurance. If you don't use the insurance for something of this magnitude, why even have it?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I would definitely contact my insurance. If you don't use the insurance for something of this magnitude, why even have it?
    I have it for fire and theft. Both will generally result in complete loss costing me over 50000
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's probably pretty cheap if that's the only coverage, but I desire more complete coverage, including damage that doesn't result in fire. We just look at it differently, I guess.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's probably pretty cheap if that's the only coverage, but I desire more complete coverage, including damage that doesn't result in fire. We just look at it differently, I guess.
    That isn’t the only coverage. Those are the things I care about
    My policy covers most everything
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to Ins but will need to wait on the adjuster. If it's a repair then it's probably not worth doing the claim with $1000 deductible but if it's needs a replacement then it would be to me. If I don't do the claim I'll ask about any affect on premiums from just reporting it.

One benefit of the claim would be if there's any water penetration/damage it should be covered too. I didn't see anything but don't know for sure yet.

Anyone want to buy a lightly used trailer?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to the OP’s problem.
    If you want to repair it yourself.
    You most likely have a Alpha Systems TPO roof. The Lippert website sells Alpha Systems tapes and glues and the Alpha company website has information on repairs.

https://store.lci1.com/catalogsearch..._list_limit=36

https://alphallc.us/wp-content/uploads/Hole-Patch.pdf
    https://alphallc.us/products/roofing/

The Alpha web site has info on ordering products.

Note that both Alpha and Eternabond have cleaners and primers available.

If you need temporary waterproof repair use 3-6mill sheet plastic, new heavy trash bag, and black Gorilla tape. I would not put the tape directly on the torn areas since removing the tape may increase the size of your holes. Cut the plastic larger than the holes and tape around the edge of the plastic.

There are two ways to repair the roof. Use Eternabond or alpha tape and seal it up or use patching material and glue a patch on. The large hole with square edges looks like it is missing material so you might want to consider a patch. Talk to Alpha systems, I have heard they have customer support that will talk to end users. Before you apply tape or patch make sure everything is clean and old sealer removed. Good luck, looks like a bunch of work.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 07-28-2022 at 01:18 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the insurance scam... forced to pay, god forbid if you ever use it your rates go up. I personally would only every contact insurance if it was a major expense (destroyed RV, fire, huge water damage, large accident, etc). Anything else I just pay my yearly "Insurance Tax" and fix everything myself if I can to keep my rates lower.

I assume it must be better in the USA but up here in Canada (and especially Ontario) it's a total racket run by crooks (doesn't help the amount of false / fraudulent claims they have to deal with as well, makes the rates go up for all of us).
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorvald View Post
    Welcome to the insurance scam... forced to pay, god forbid if you ever use it your rates go up. I personally would only every contact insurance if it was a major expense (destroyed RV, fire, huge water damage, large accident, etc). Anything else I just pay my yearly "Insurance Tax" and fix everything myself if I can to keep my rates lower.

I assume it must be better in the USA but up here in Canada (and especially Ontario) it's a total racket run by crooks (doesn't help the amount of false / fraudulent claims they have to deal with as well, makes the rates go up for all of us).
    I try to avoid using my insurance coverage but usually because the deductible is so high it's almost a wash to do it or pay to have it done. But I consider $4000-$6000 for roof repair to be a "major expense".
    Howard and Peggy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast