User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the insurance adjuster said it'll be a roof replacement. I think things are better here in the US than in Canada as far as premiums. I'll live with any increases.

Dealer's Service department, nice folks, are working up an estimate. Before committing to my dealer I'd like to make sure that's the best option. They supposedly do roof replacements all the time and claim to be good at it but only have a 1 year warranty.

I assume the Grand Design warranty is null and void once the roof is replaced so I'm losing the 12 year factory roof warranty and getting a 1 year warranty form the dealer. My fault so I'll pay the piper but want to make sure I get the best replacement roof possible.

Is this the standard warranty for a replacement roof? Are there are any better options, maybe fiber glass? Saw RV-Guard which is interesting but crazy expensive if my math is right.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, seems like a 1 year warranty is pretty short, but I've not had it done, so can't compare. But that just seems really short.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the company RV Roof Install on YouTube or their website. You’ll see how bad the manufacturing of these roofs are and some amazing work they do to replace them. Not cheap, but an option. Located in Georgia…

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyRoad View Post
    So, the insurance adjuster said it'll be a roof replacement. I think things are better here in the US than in Canada as far as premiums. I'll live with any increases.

Dealer's Service department, nice folks, are working up an estimate. Before committing to my dealer I'd like to make sure that's the best option. They supposedly do roof replacements all the time and claim to be good at it but only have a 1 year warranty.

I assume the Grand Design warranty is null and void once the roof is replaced so I'm losing the 12 year factory roof warranty and getting a 1 year warranty form the dealer. My fault so I'll pay the piper but want to make sure I get the best replacement roof possible.

Is this the standard warranty for a replacement roof? Are there are any better options, maybe fiber glass? Saw RV-Guard which is interesting but crazy expensive if my math is right.
    The 12 year factory warranty is the warranty the roof material manufacture, Alpha Systems, gives and covers degradation of the fabric and not the install. The installation would be covered under the 1 year or possible the 3 year Grand Design warranty. You may want to find out from the dealer what roofing material they use. Your original roof was most likely an Alpha Systems TPO roof. There are other materials out there, EDPM and PVC for example. The roofing material will probably have a manufacture warranty. What does the dealer 1 year warranty cover?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RockyRoad have you considered FlexArmor? Go to rvroof.com

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like RV Roof Install works out of Georgia and you have to go them for install and annually for a roof check and if there are repairs needed. I'm in Colorado, near Denver, so that's too far.

The GD warranty states 12 years but didn't really break down what that means. If it really only covers the membrane and not the install then that's deceptive and disappointing. I'll double check with the Dealer and ask what brand of membrane they use.

FlexArmor looks pretty similar to RV-Guard, though applied differently. Problem is the nearest shop is about 12 hours away towing. I'd probably just do another TPO roof rather than go that far.

Because they come to you and have a transferrable life-time warranty, I'm looking at RV-Armor. It's not as expensive as I first thought. I'll have to discuss it with the insurance adjuster and get his thoughts on it. I have a bunch of questions and will call RV-Armor Monday.

Anyone have any experience with RV-Armor, direct or anecdotal? Like my Dad always told us, "Anything that looks to good to be true usually is."

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not had any dealings with RV-Armor, but I have read posts from people who are very satisfied with their RV-Armor roof. As I said, that's second or third hand information, but I've read no negatives about the roof repairs by them.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were in your situation, I'd definitely look at one lifetime RV roofs such as RV Armor. I've read that insurance companies often prefer this type of solution as its less expensive than a complete TPO replacement. It's all about water on RV's, and anything I can do to reduce points of entry for water is a winning solution for me.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^No way I’d put another TPO roof(especially with only a 1 year warranty) back on when there are much better alternatives. Also having to travel to get it done would not be a consideration since these alternatives are a one & done thing.
    The only thought that might sway me to going back with a TPO is if I planned on selling the RV within 5 years. Assuming the installers know what they’re doing and having no more roof incidents, that TPO will hold up for 5 years and then let the next guy worry about it.
    But if I was planning on keeping this RV for the long haul, no question in my mind, a TPO is not going back on.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    ^^^No way I’d put another TPO roof(especially with only a 1 year warranty) back on when there are much better alternatives. Also having to travel to get it done would not be a consideration since these alternatives are a one & done thing.
    The only thought that might sway me to going back with a TPO is if I planned on selling the RV within 5 years. Assuming the installers know what they’re doing and having no more roof incidents, that TPO will hold up for 5 years and then let the next guy worry about it.
    But if I was planning on keeping this RV for the long haul, no question in my mind, a TPO is not going back on.
    If you were referring to the RV Roof Install in Georgia, it's commercial grade woven TPO, not the crap the RV manufacturers use. This is the stuff they use on flat roof commercial buildings. No skin off my teeth for certain, but just wanted to clarify in case you didn't watch any their videos. This is not the typical install done by dealers. And the idea of putting a seal over a poorly adhered TPO foundation doesn't make much sense to me either. A good roofer would never tell customers to put a good layer of shingles over bad, they would always recommend a tear off. Anywho, just wanted to clarify...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast