User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be calling the insurance company and get it replaced. Why just patch it up?
    2019 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
    2020 Ford F350 FX4 Lariat
    7.3 10 Speed Auto 4.30 gears

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting comparison video between FlexArmor and RV Armor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yv0ZKSfvbc
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I one thing to consider with these types of roof systems is that they both rely on the same self leveling compound to seal all the roof penetrations. So, yes you get the tough roof seal but same same at the penetrations, so you still need to maintain that. Just an fyi. Hope the roof system works out great!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I one thing to consider with these types of roof systems is that they both rely on the same self leveling compound to seal all the roof penetrations. So, yes you get the tough roof seal but same same at the penetrations, so you still need to maintain that.
    According to the FlexArmor website:
    This roof system was designed to remove all the caulking joints and seams in an rv roof. You no longer have any exposed screws or joints to caulk. Our chemical bond removes the need for caulking.

When we do your roof we replace all your vent pipes and lids, refrigerator base and lids, standard vent lids, install new Camco vent covers and new a/c gaskets. Your new bases are sealed in under the product so they will last as long as the roof.

If you ever need to replace something for some reason or add something such as solar panels, we can remove the component, install a new one and respray just that area that was cut through. If you are somewhere else at the time, grind or cut through the coating to get the part out, replace it and caulk it until you can get back to an approved FlexArmor facility for respraying.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fortunate enough to live in easy driving distance to a FlexArmor dealership. I've had it on 4 different RV's. I had it put on my new 2022 3740bh. The good thing about FlexArmor is the zero maintenance. No caulking at all. I usually give a pressure wash once a year. But it pretty much self cleanse itself with rain.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for the input, you helped me make a decision I'm comfortable with.

Getting it replaced and I'm going with RV-Armor, even though they can't schedule us until the spring. In the meantime, my dealer is patching it to get us through til the spring. Hopefully it'll hold up ok.

RedApple63 brings up a good point about sealant. My understanding is the sealant is applied under the top coat which protects and keeps it intact but can't imagine anything is foolproof. After this ordeal, I'll keep a careful eye on the roof and making sure everything looks good.

I'll make sure any changes to the roof are ready to go before RV-Armor starts. I'm having them install a maxxair fan in bathroom first and will think about mounting a second solar panel. Makes sense to get that all done before the new roof.

As for cost the $$ side of things, I think it'll all work out in the end but I'm a little confused about the typical cost of a roof replacement using TPO again. My dealer's estimate to replace it with new TPO is double what the insurance company is offering for that same job. Now, insurance is paying for the patch separately. The cost of the RV-Armor roof is the same amount the insurance company is offering.

I'm assuming the dealer is very high and that the insurance company is on the low side. They never talked to negotiate so not sure where it would have ended up. My question is, what would be a fair market price to replace it with TPO again. Just curious. The roof is maybe 23' long. My best guess $6,000?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep us updated on how it goes. How much is it going to be for the RV Armor? What trailer do you have?
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the XLS 22MLE 26' trailer. They quoted $4,550. Dealer was close to $9,000 for a TPO replacement.
    2022 XLS 22MLE
    2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi / 3.93 gears

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @RockyRoad, our 3350RL Solitude (38' 5th wheel) was quoted by FlexArmor to be $6840 and our dealer quoted $8710 for a new TPO roof.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    @RockyRoad, our 3350RL Solitude (38' 5th wheel) was quoted by FlexArmor to be $6840 and our dealer quoted $8710 for a new TPO roof.
    Hey Frank. Sounds like FlexArmor is pretty much the same price/linear ft as RV Armor. If your quotes were recent, then your TPO quote confirms my TPO quote is way too high. Thanks for the info.
    2022 XLS 22MLE
    2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi / 3.93 gears

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast