User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awning shorting out

I have a 2020 reflection 150 series and the awning over the slide out keeps tripping out and blowing a fuse instantly when I push the switch , I unhooked the switch and reconnected to the other awning switch and does the same . Anyway would anyone on here know how the wiring is routed for it im guessing it's got a bare spot or pinched somewhere

Setting Up Camp
    West Virginia and wherever I rest my head
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a short in the kitchen slide awning on our Reflection 320 MKS. Same as you every time we pushed the switch, a fuse would blow. We traced the wires behind the TV cabinet, was able to see a skinned section on the wire where it went into a hole in the outer wall. We ended up replacing the entire section of wire between the switch and the splice at the awning outside the slide. There was a seven inch skinned place in the wire. We didn't have the issue until the second year of owning the trailer. To beat the issue, the maintenance foreman at the dealership said, "A mouse must have chewed on the wire".
    During manufacture of the trailer, a hole is drilled through the box tubing in the sidewall and the power wire is pulled through the sharp edge of the hole, skinning the insulation off the wire. There is no protective grommet in the drilled hole to prevent damage to the wire as it is pulled through. Poor design!!!!