User Tag List

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficulty opening/closing bedroom closet doors

Are there any adjustments to make opening/closing the bedroom closet doors not jam - both do it? This started on return from last trip but I really didn't give it much thought as I found a screw laying on the floor in the lower track - turns out that popped out of the underbed storage seat.

In prep for filon dropping next week, went to clean out the bedroom closet and the doors stop dead unless I 'manipulate' their placement. I had originally thought they might be hitting a screw stop but verified that is not happening - they jam in between. The track is still screwed in place. Can't see any reason for them to stop and it happens both when opening and closing but at different points. There is evidence of rubbing in the outer door track centered across the width of the bedroom, not the closet.
    Last edited by ajg617; 07-29-2022 at 11:04 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The doors are adjustable. Each door has two trolleys at the top that suspend the door from the upper rail. Each trolley has a horizontal catch mechanism that fastens the door to the trolley. The vertical post is threaded and has a small hex nut to adjust the door up and down at each trolley.

Now... the bottom rail can also come up from the closet floor. Check and make sure all of those screws are tight. If you can't fix the issue addressing these two areas, you may have some frame distortion that has moved the closet floor and upper closet wall closer together.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The doors are adjustable. Each door has two trolleys at the top that suspend the door from the upper rail. Each trolley has a horizontal catch mechanism that fastens the door to the trolley. The vertical post is threaded and has a small hex nut to adjust the door up and down at each trolley.

Now... the bottom rail can also come up from the closet floor. Check and make sure all of those screws are tight. If you can't fix the issue addressing these two areas, you may have some frame distortion that has moved the closet floor and upper closet wall closer together.

Rob
    Rob,
    Thanks Rob. Are the bottom 'trolleys' just rollers as well or maybe just gliders (guess I could take one off to see)?

All screws are tight and the track is flush against the floor. Put my level on both the track and the floor and it is flat against both - no gaps and level (RV is leveled also). I can probably adjust the upper trolleys.

It's going in to dealership this Friday per LCI due to the filon screws snapping. When I took a second look at the closets door lower tracks, all of the black paint has been rubbed off near the center of the inside width of the walls (not the inside of the closet itself). I'm going to have another look with a level when it is hitched and pin weight is applied to the frame.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Rob,
    Thanks Rob. Are the bottom 'trolleys' just rollers as well or maybe just gliders (guess I could take one off to see)?

All screws are tight and the track is flush against the floor. Put my level on both the track and the floor and it is flat against both - no gaps and level (RV is leveled also). I can probably adjust the upper trolleys.

It's going in to dealership this Friday per LCI due to the filon screws snapping. When I took a second look at the closets door lower tracks, all of the black paint has been rubbed off near the center of the inside width of the walls (not the inside of the closet itself). I'm going to have another look with a level when it is hitched and pin weight is applied to the frame.
    The bottom just has metal tabs that fit into the groove in the bottom track - nothing adjustable.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The bottom just has metal tabs that fit into the groove in the bottom track - nothing adjustable.

Rob
    TY. Leaving as is for now since it goes in Thursday for filon drop and frame measurements - the doors get stuck just above where the wings would be. I'll leave it as a data point.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issues with mine binding. I finally took everything down and rebuilt the bottom track. I think I did a little alignment from the top track too. But mostly I recall it was the bottom track that was messed up, I think it was the rug under the track that was the real problem.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No rugs. Just factory flooring. Once I hitch up I'll climb over the bed and see if anything changes.