Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Axle wearing 1 tire

So I've had to have my slide motors replaced under insurance due to 1 inch difference between top and bottom of slide. Granddesign customer service is absolutely worthless. Now we've noticed the left rear tire is worn on inside to the cords. Again customer says not their problem. At least the warranty on the propane regulator was replaced by recall.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How would slide motors make the slide crooked? And why would insurance have anything to do with it?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand design would not warranty any of my repairs so I had insurance which did repair the slide but not the axle.
    The slide was popping and grinding about 2 years after purchase and resyncing motors didn't solve the issue. So slide had to be removed and realign with new drive motors.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigarson1 View Post
    So I've had to have my slide motors replaced under insurance due to 1 inch difference between top and bottom of slide. Granddesign customer service is absolutely worthless. Now we've noticed the left rear tire is worn on inside to the cords. Again customer says not their problem. At least the warranty on the propane regulator was replaced by recall.
    Just curious why you came on here to tell us?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand design would not warranty any of my repairs so I had insurance which did repair the slide but not the axle.
    The slide was popping and grinding about 2 years after purchase and resyncing motors didn't solve the issue. So slide had to be removed and realign with new drive motors.
    Make, model, how many years old. Apparently this isn't a new trailer. So wondering what the GD warranty time period is and for what items.

Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Just curious why you came on here to tell us?
    Kind of wondering why too. But the OP is certainly welcome to join and post as he likes (as long as it within our rules).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Make, model, how many years old. Apparently this isn't a new trailer. So wondering what the GD warranty time period is and for what items.

Kind of wondering why too. But the OP is certainly welcome to join and post as he likes (as long as it within our rules).
    I agree it just doesn’t appear like he has a question or wants help

He has another post as well
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you are complaining the warranty expired when they told you it would and they wouldn’t keep it active forever
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So new to forums. My question is what can I do about the axle. Will have to replace it or can it be aligned.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anything I can do to prevent the slide from getting out of adjustment again

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So new to forums. My question is what can I do about the axle. Will have to replace it or can it be aligned.
    You'll have to have it examined to see if the axle stub shaft is bent, or a different problem. With just one tire showing wear, it lessens the possibility that it is an alignment issue. But it's pretty much impossible to diagnose long distance. You need someone, if you're not able to diagnose the problem, to look at it and determine what the issue is. A trailer shop would be a much better bet than an RV dealer/shop.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast