Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lippert Ground Control 3.0 Rear Sensor Location

We started getting a External Sensor Error on our 3 month out-of-warranty Solitude 2390RL. It said to press enter to acknowledge. However, although pressing enter stopped the beeping and cleared the error, it would return within a few seconds. Sometimes after acknowledging the error a dozen or so times or turning the unit off and on several times, the error stops appearing and I am able to raise the jacks. I called Lippert support and they walked me thru entering zero calibration mode so that I could raise the jacks in case the error will not clear.
    The manual says that the error is caused by a "communications failure with the rear leveling sensor". Lippert says either there is a wiring issue or the module has an issue. He said often mice will chew the wires.
    The manual says that the sensor is usually located 2 to 3 feet behind the rear most axle. Dropping the whole rear of the coroplast looks like a bit of work. I was thinking of cutting a hole to access the sensor. Has anyone had to access the rear sensor and knows exactly where it is located or how far from the real axle?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't look like anyone with your model has explored that area, yet. I would recommend a phone call to GD Customer Service Monday morning with your VIN. If you want to try before then, I have cut a large flap in the Coroplast (leaving the front edge attached) and repaired it with mobile home underbelly repair tape with good results. Cut a flap large enough that you can get your head and shoulders up in there to explore.

You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)