User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford TPMS Install

I got the Ford trailer TPMS to go with my F450/351MS-R rig. These sensors replace the valve stems, and the sensor is inside the tire. Has anyone installed these sensors on your Momentum wheels? Any tips?

Thanks
    -B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy! Not on a Momentum but on a Voltage. Just make sure you have the .624" valve stems, not the smaller ones that I think are .425"? Don't ask me how I know!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlcart88 View Post
    Don't ask me how I know!!
    Hey @jlcart88, looks like this is your first post, welcome aboard. OK, I'll bite, how do you know about the valve stems? ;>)
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I got the kit took all six tires to the shop to have the sensors installed only to find out they were the small ones and wouldn’t fit. Two days before vacation! So I had to drive 4 hours one way to get the right ones!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
    I got the Ford trailer TPMS to go with my F450/351MS-R rig. These sensors replace the valve stems, and the sensor is inside the tire. Has anyone installed these sensors on your Momentum wheels? Any tips?

Thanks
    -B
    I installed this on my Momentum 21G bumper pull....well Discount tire installed the valves.

Works great. Saved me from destroying a tire - ran over a screw. The dash changed to the trailer TPMS, with a warning of low pressure. dash started beeping. I pulled over, changed the tire and was able to patch the flat and continue using it.

I highly recommend this

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the TST-507 so I could have the F450 and trailer(s) on the same TPMS system. Works great and monitors temp as well which is a great indicator of something going wrong (break sticking, axle going, etc).
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax