Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the pro pride on my 21g. I had to raise the tanks to allow for the jacks so I just used metal spacers. Def pre drill before using any self drilling screws. Makes it a alot easier and they won't break off. Having the longer brake wire and cable are def needed. I truly enjoyed using the Pro Pride it was a great hitch. We went to a fifth wheel recently so no longer have that trailer. Enjoy yours and safe travels

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    I pulled the trigger on the ProPride hitch yesterday. I have read the installation manual and have watched once the video for the full install. I realize that the LP tanks may need moved forward some. I'm seeing a lot of other things that appear to need rearranging. For one, the breakaway switch box. Can others that have installed this hitch comment on how some was moved things that interfere?
    I placed the Hensley Arrow on the same trailer (2021). While it could be an overgeneralization I think they are the basically the same except the stinger. I now have it on my 2970RL. Nothing needed to be moved on either.

Watch the videos. I also did a carabiner to an eyelet in the license plate, probably overkill but I was already into the projet and the rationale was sound.

After using it for over a year my recommendation would be read everything but do not read into anything. They are far simpler than I gave them credit for and I over though about every step. Now I just use it.

BTW...We pulled it across country in rain storms with 40 mile an hour head and sidewinds. It was amazing the trailer stayed true never swayed at all. I would do either hitch again in a minute. Not a single regret, I admit I did swear a few times getting used to it.

Safe travels!
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a short test trip to get to the scale and find a good spot to get a pix. First blush is very low in the front even though I followed the installation guide to set it all up. The hitch bar setting was just farther off than would work. Weights:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weights Sept 3 2022.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	42888

Name:	truck PP & trailer measures.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	42887

Did an adjustment to the hitch bar setting to get the trailer drop at front to 1" below level:

Name:	1inch low hitch bar setting.jpg 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	42889

I have to say that the test ride, even with the trailer 3" low was incredible. It really felt like I was in my 2017 dually Ram, towing our old 17,000# 5r. Smooth as glass and rock steady. Does anyone feel I can better the trailer sag? I think if I move the hitch bar one more hole, the trailer may be a bit high. I know I can put more tension on the PP3 jacks which will get more of the lost weight back on the front TV axle. As well as bring it closer to the original measure of 36.5".
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a short test trip to get to the scale and find a good spot to get a pix. First blush is very low in the front even though I followed the installation guide to set it all up. The hitch bar setting was just farther off than would work. Weights:

Name:	weights Sept 3 2022.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	42888

Name:	truck PP & trailer measures.jpg 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	42887

Did an adjustment to the hitch bar setting to get the trailer drop at front to 1" below level:

Name:	1inch low hitch bar setting.jpg 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	42889

I have to say that the test ride, even with the trailer 3" low was incredible. It really felt like I was in my 2017 dually Ram, towing our old 17,000# 5r. Smooth as glass and rock steady. Does anyone feel I can better the trailer sag? I think if I move the hitch bar one more hole, the trailer may be a bit high. I know I can put more tension on the PP3 jacks which will get more of the lost weight back on the front TV axle. As well as bring it closer to the original measure of 36.5".
    I believe that the shank holes are 1" apart. If you're three inches low, seems like you could go up one without being too high. I'd give that a try and see how it turns out.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if my math is correct, I've got ~13% (940#) on the hitch fully loaded for travel, including 10gl H2O in fresh and full water heater. This jives with my current Sherline scale weight. This might be a tiny bit on the high side due to the excess low slope (3") at the Love's Truck Stop.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    I believe that the shank holes are 1" apart. If you're three inches low, seems like you could go up one without being too high. I'd give that a try and see how it turns out.
    They are actually 1.25" apart and as it turns out by flipping the hitch bar and moving two holes, I got the drop to 1". One more hole might put me at level. I'll run it like this on our short 1st trip. Then try a new position. We may be able to get an individual wheel weight in December. As you know, it's a royal PIA to get the 200# torqued bolts loose.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are actually 1.25" apart and as it turns out by flipping the hitch bar and moving two holes, I got the drop to 1". One more hole might put me at level. I'll run it like this on our short 1st trip. Then try a new position. We may be able to get an individual wheel weight in December. As you know, it's a royal PIA to get the 200# torqued bolts loose.
    Oh I'm very familiar with that. It's made easier by the 36" breaker bar that I bought a while back for the control arms on my Jeep.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about 1" front to back on the trailer. I actually think my rig tows better when it's a little low in the front.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you really like the current towing, why change? For mine, the initial setup still resulted in more "truck suck" than was comfortable. After re-doing the entire setup again, I ended with the trailer being slightly nose down (~1 inch), and all weight restored to the front. With the truck tires aired up to full sidewall pressures. Been happy with that, so no more changes for the last couple of years.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had made a note to check the TV tire pressure back when and had forgotten until yesterday. They were at ~30psi yesterday morning so aired to 50. It did make a difference in the look of the tire. But did not make any measurable difference in the drop. I'll leave it like this for our first 200 mile trip.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first trip was pretty awesome pulling using the PP3. Had 2 panic stops that locked the trailer wheels. Not sure if the controller is set right - pure amateur here. The feel was very similar to our 17,000# 5th wheel pulled by the Ram dually. Very tight and solid. Noticed a small bit of push/suck when a big rig or big van would pass. Nothing to write home about. An easy, comfortable single finger, relaxed driving experience. I am going to raise the hole one move in the PP hitch bar and recheck the tt level. I may also add just a bit of turn on the jacks and remeasure the front wheel well which is now within 1/2-3/4 inch of the original. All in all, a very good ride.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast