Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ProPride on 2600RB

I pulled the trigger on the ProPride hitch yesterday. I have read the installation manual and have watched once the video for the full install. I realize that the LP tanks may need moved forward some. I'm seeing a lot of other things that appear to need rearranging. For one, the breakaway switch box. Can others that have installed this hitch comment on how some was moved things that interfere?
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed our PP3 1400 lb. bars awhile ago.
    I watched youtube videos for several days before the install.
    There are many videos and each has their plus and minus.
    The video I liked best is very step by step, this install shows the old
    bar adjustments but it is still relevant.
    I hope this helps and do not hesitate to call ProPride, support is 1st class.
    I used a gentleman named Brent at ProPride.

https://youtu.be/4Ea5_JeTfas

Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2670mk with a Hensley hitch. I had to move the propane tanks forward a little bit but nothing else. You’ll probably have to buy new self tapping screws because you’ll likely break one or two removing the old ones.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On my 2670MK I had to:
    Find a bolt and nylon lock nut to use where one would normally put a padlock on the release for the ball coupler on a normal ball. Since it will never be uncoupled from the ball....
    Shim up the propane tanks using stacked stainless fender washers, so the tray now sits on top of the new U-bolts.
    Move the mounting spot for the breakaway switch - drill a new hole, and new self tapping screw.
    (moved a couple of wiring clamps - not needed, but I didn't like how it was routed)
    Get a longer cable for the breakaway - the coiled kind from Amazon/Camping World works well.
    Get chain and adaptors to extend the chains from the local Fleet Farm store.

BTW - after you get yours, go to Home Depot or any other hardware store, and buy a few extra lynch pins used for latching the stinger to the receiver. I lost a couple in a camp ground (stolen?) and they are critical...I now have light duty lamp chain keeping them attached to the receiver, so they can never be left behind or casually taken...

I also have a stick with tape marks on it - one for the perfect height of the hitch to allow easy hitching/unhitching. Another tape mark to measure the height of the jacks when setting the weight distribution.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips Sande. I'll need all I can get since I've never used a WDH.

Question: where is the best place to tag the end of the breakaway cable to the truck? Clearly we don't want it getting tangled up in the chain, wiring or any fixtures/hardware of the hitch. My boat trailer did not have electric brakes and my 5r had it connected to the B&W.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post

Question: where is the best place to tag the end of the breakaway cable to the truck? Clearly we don't want it getting tangled up in the chain, wiring or any fixtures/hardware of the hitch. My boat trailer did not have electric brakes and my 5r had it connected to the B&W.
    I replaced one of the license plate screws with a stainless eye bolt adding a fender washer behind the bumper. The breakaway cable attaches to the eye bolt so it's connected to something other than the hitch.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    I replaced one of the license plate screws with a stainless eye bolt adding a fender washer behind the bumper. The breakaway cable attaches to the eye bolt so it's connected to something other than the hitch.
    That sounds like an interesting approach. Thanks.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have a large carbineer type clip hanging from the same spots I hook the trailer chains. Easy to clip the breakaway to the carbineer. Never gets tangled in anything else. BTW - better be a little longer than short on the length of the cable. All was fine on my first trip with the ProPride, until I returned and tried to do a tight back in corner to my driveway. Pulled the pin on the emergency brake. Line of cars in the street I blocked, honking, as I got out and fumbled getting the pin back in.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    I have a large carbineer type clip hanging from the same spots I hook the trailer chains. Easy to clip the breakaway to the carbineer. Never gets tangled in anything else. BTW - better be a little longer than short on the length of the cable. All was fine on my first trip with the ProPride, until I returned and tried to do a tight back in corner to my driveway. Pulled the pin on the emergency brake. Line of cars in the street I blocked, honking, as I got out and fumbled getting the pin back in.....
    Sounds like some of the experiences I've had at the boat ramp waiting on a noob to load his new pontoon. What fun!
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like some of the experiences I've had at the boat ramp waiting on a noob to load his new pontoon. What fun!
    Been there, done that too. Not shown in my profile picture is the boat tucked into the garage behind the trailer.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast