User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugburn69 View Post
    I tried the quick and longer switch actuation, no change. The blue LED is barely visible at the switch during the day light. I’ll get a better pic tonight when the sun goes down.
    So it is the switch that is backlit blue and not the light itself that is blue?

Would electrical tape cover it?
    It would still be usable with tape on it or maybe have GD send you new switches
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming these aren't standard equipment? I don't think ours has them - just bright white on/off.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help and thoughts. Yes the switch is back lit then the glow covers the whole lens at night.However my Solitude is 2016 the comments about three way switches are from rigs 3 and 5 years newer. I’m thinking there is a later and greater light fixture that I’m going to research. Thanks again.
    Gary

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our switches in the 21 model MLE.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	42253
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    My 21bhe main switch panel also has a blue light in the overhead lights switch and it never shuts off either, even when the lights are off. Our solution was to put a 3M command hook above the switch panel and hang a cap from it. That blocks the blue light from the overhead light switch almost completely.
    As mentioned, op was referring to the over bed reading lights. No to de-rail this thread, in your case simply open the panel and disconnect the middle wire on that rocker switch to turn off that blue light. It's incredibly bright at night.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been several studies on the effects on human health of light pollution and especially blue light.
    https://www.israel21c.org/light-poll...e-do-about-it/

I would recommend using some red gel over the offending blue light.

Also, try to find a small plastic rubber cup like the ones used on furniture feet to cover it. A white one could easily be painted darker (red or brown). Just plain paper bag taped over it will dim it considerably.
    Last edited by masterdrago; 08-02-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my 2022 imagine the first push turns the blue lights above my bed on, 2nd activates white, and the 3rd turns the light completely off. I don't believe there is any scientific evidence that blue light is harmful to the eyes. Back to the main question, I know one other person that has the imagine the same as mine & his works the same..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caser41 View Post
    In my 2022 imagine the first push turns the blue lights above my bed on, 2nd activates white, and the 3rd turns the light completely off. I don't believe there is any scientific evidence that blue light is harmful to the eyes. Back to the main question, I know one other person that has the imagine the same as mine & his works the same..
    Sounds like someone in design did a weird thing. We have a 2018 (Momentum, though), and we just have TWO switches. I would recommend rewiring the entire thing to have, that's right, TWO switches.

https://smile.amazon.com/American-Te...dp/B078MYT3J5/
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	42350
    2018 GD Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same thing in our 2400bh. Drove the kids nuts in their bunks. I ended up pulling it out and putting in a dimmer switch. Now there is no blue light and the over head lights don’t distract landing aircraft when we have them on. Darn those things were bright.
    While I was there I put in a dimmer for the awning lights as well. Was an easy mod. Hardest part was getting someone to 3D print the switch plate.
    Adrian & Christine
    2020 Imagine 2400BH and 2013 F150

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugburn69 View Post
    Tech industry indicates the blue wavelengths of light are harmful to a full nights sleep. My Solitude has blue night lights above the bed. Has anyone changed these to red or other non blue lights?
    If yours is like my GD then most of the LED lights are a strip light for the blue or "accent" lighting..
    If you can get to the LED strip you can get a length and order just about any color you want..
    It is usually just a double sided tape that holds it on.

Take your time to remove the old strip and then use a touch of alcohol to clean the surface and apply the new
    light strip.. The connection should be fairly easy to get to.. you may have to pull them out a bit but should be able to
    stuff them back in.
    Be sure to test the lights first.. sometimes the hot and ground need to be reversed for the lights to function..
    2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Dually Long Bed
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 349M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast