User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reading light starts as blue at first click then the second click gives you a white light. These are standard on our 2020 Imagine 2600RB. There is no way to turn off the blue light that I can find. I've looked at ours and short of replacing both reading lights.

Also, they are talking about extended exposure to blue light (when you are awake) prior to bed might be an issue. Just turning the light on and going blue then white is not the issue. Its longer exposure prior to going to bed. If you really worry about it, don't use a computer, don't watch your TV, don't use your phone 2 hours prior to going to bed. That is what the study found.

To quote Water Cronkite: " and that's the way it is".

A couple of years and no problems for us. We use the blue light as a night light for whoever is coming to bed later. Only thing is we wrap a hand around the light to block the white light as we double click--1 click blue to white, second click to off. If you don't know what the light looks like or understand the issue, view the picture in comment 14.
    Last edited by more tired since retired; 08-06-2022 at 09:40 PM.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine have the blue light that is always on also. I guess to help find the switch in the dark. But to comment on the initial question, we haven't noted any sleep deprivation due to the blue light.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caser41 View Post
    In my 2022 imagine the first push turns the blue lights above my bed on, 2nd activates white, and the 3rd turns the light completely off. I don't believe there is any scientific evidence that blue light is harmful to the eyes. Back to the main question, I know one other person that has the imagine the same as mine & his works the same..
    There have been many studies. I'll find more but for now: https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/960111
    and: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30311830/
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugburn69 View Post
    Tech industry indicates the blue wavelengths of light are harmful to a full nights sleep. My Solitude has blue night lights above the bed. Has anyone changed these to red or other non blue lights?
    The "reading lights" on the older units (apparently your 2016 and my 2015 are the same) had the blue back light that was always on. There were a couple of threads back then about how to open the light fixture and cut a specific connection on the circuit board. Didn't do it myself but it didn't sound too tough if you are interested in shutting them off completely.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe best to call these lights K-Mart Blue Light Specials!!
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    So it is the switch that is backlit blue and not the light itself that is blue?

Would electrical tape cover it?
    It would still be usable with tape on it or maybe have GD send you new switches
    I put tape on my overhead light switch. It was really bright. I also had to cover the small blue light that's on the USB port at the head of the bed.
    Tom & Kim
    2022 Reflection 260RB
    2021 Ram 2500 CTD - Six Burnin Four Turning!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Blue light" and blue colored lights are 2 different things.

https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...ght#what-is-it
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    "Blue light" and blue colored lights are 2 different things.

https://www.healthline.com/health/wh...ght#what-is-it
    I would beg to differ. Blue light is light in a specific frequency band - no mater where it originates. Putting a blue filter over a broad-spectrum light source just filters out wavelengths other than blue. Blue paint reflects light in the blue band of the spectrum and not other light frequencies. Neurologically and physiologically, it's all the same.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Studies using NASA satellite data underestimate total light because those satellites deliberately minimize blue light to reduce glare in their images. Still they show a correlation between brighter exterior light and several kinds of cancer including breast, prostate, colorectal, thyroid, and pancreatic cancer. One found differences between two neighborhoods in Tel Aviv that were similar socio-economically. The brighter neighborhood had higher cancer rates.

But this study below which specifically compares blue lit neighborhoods to warmly lit neighborhoods is the most compelling. Questionnaires on indoor light exposure were used to at least roughly factor that out. Breast, prostate, and colorectal cancers were all significantly higher in the blue lit neighborhoods and on a sliding scale. The worse the exposure, the higher the cancer rate. You can mitigate the risk with thick blackout shades. The mechanism is that all of these cancer tumors are suppressed or slowed by the presence of melatonin in the body and it is light in the blue part of the spectrum that most suppresses melatonin from being produced by the body. In nature, when the sun sets and blue light disappears at night, the body makes melatonin to signal sleep.

Report on blue light at night and breast and prostate cancer:

https://www.exeter.ac.uk/news/featur...655460_en.html

Two years the data from the same study was published for colorectal cancer:

https://www.nursinginpractice.com/cl...-bowel-cancer/

Dr. Qian Xiao is here in Houston at UT Health Sciences Center. Her studies have found considerably higher thyroid and pancreatic cancer rates in bright areas. Her large scale studies are correlation only but she also believes suppression of melatonin affects these cancers. She is definitely concerned about Houston's lighting, also as an environmental justice issue. Sleep deprivation plays a role in adolescent behavior and increased juvenile delinquency.

Light at night and thyroid cancer:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33554351/

Light at night and pancreatic cancer:

https://www.researchgate.net/publica...d_Health_Study

We have several concerned Houston City Council members. Visibility in Houston is terrible due to unshielded LED light. We have found it present facing the driver in many fatal auto-pedestrian accidents. A colleague in Kansas City said she went to a site and saw the same there. We are hoping this will have an impact...have sent our photos to city officials and the police chief. Both Chiefs Art Acevedo and now Troy Finner have taken our concerns seriously.

The solution is subdued shielded warmer light or no light when not needed combined with motion detection for any video camera light needed.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Our switches in the 21 model MLE.

Attachment 42253
    That would drive me nuts, any light while trying to sleep is disruptive . If it were in our trailer That fixture would have been gone the first day. Those small lights are fairly inexpensive why not change it to something that turns off completely.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123