User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soft start for AC

I have a 2021 to 297RSTS Grand Design and I was wanting to put a soft start on the AC so that my 3200 W generator will run it any suggestions on which soft start I should use or does it matter? Thanks

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    I have a 2021 to 297RSTS Grand Design and I was wanting to put a soft start on the AC so that my 3200 W generator will run it any suggestions on which soft start I should use or does it matter? Thanks
    IF you go to Softstart's website and follow the following link, it will guide you to the correct unit to purchase. We have one on both of our ACs and we only pull less than 24amps when starting both of them (at the same time) after they have learned thru the learning process programming. Also fairly easy to install. Here is the link:

https://www.softstartrv.com/helpmech...tm_source=home
    Last edited by trailrydr; 07-31-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the SoftStartRV modules. We have them in both Coleman Mach AC's on our Momentum 31G and they work amazingly well. Easy install as well. We're able to run both on our Predator 3500 now.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at their site - was wondering about the pedestal unit since I already have a pedestal surge protector. But, I have a 20amp outdoor circuit that I used to use to heat the horse's water trough. Coleman offers their own soft start and clearly told me my warranty would be void if I 'installed' any other brand.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Micro_Air's Easy Start too. I think they have a model with Bluetooth that lets you monitor some functions (current draw, etc.). It will also interface with the RV Whisper device(s).

For whatever reason I choose the Easy Start. But I did this before others started copying the idea.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods