User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman.dustin View Post
    The ball fits in a socket. The socket latch (called the frog) has to get out from under the edge of the ball. Sometimes the ball is shoved up under the edge of the socket and sometimes is still on top of the frog. I usually try shaking the back of the truck as I see the weight start lifting on the ball. If you get up 3-4 inches and it doesn't release then jump in the truck and shift reverse and forward. It only takes a little jiggle to get it to release. Also, make sure everything is greased pretty good, that helps a lot
    This is great info and if I'm not mistaken there is an adjustment nut under the trailer tongue for the tension on the fork that goes under the ball. OP take a look and let us know if an adjustment helps. Good luck!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had the 2670 I would always spray the ball and a little bit in the hitch with spray dry lube. Then when I got leveled side to side I would start raising the trailer a little bit,& if it seemed to be pulling ball up I would get in truck and put it in reverse,then put parkingbrake on. Then it would always raise right off the ball. The dry lube doesn't gum up like grease does and keepd the ball and hitch slicker. Good Luck!
    2021 RLS295 & 2021 Ram 2500 4x4,w/6.4 gas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123