Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camping in Iowa

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonPlegrand View Post
    I would check out the Decorah area, they have a couple nice brewery’s there along with the states trout hatchery.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI and I don't know if it is open yet, but major construction closed (planned) I-29 north and southbound in the Council Bluffs, Iowa area opposite Omaha. That was late May early June. The re-route northbound was long but OK. The re-route southbound put us on I-75 around Omaha which was a construction mess. I use the same tools as mentioned but now also check the state DOT websites.

That said, pretty much every interstate we drove on from NH to SD to NC to NH had lane closures and bridge work being performed. Grinding down bridge pavement seems to be in vogue. That of course leaves you with major bumps on either end. The construction signs really didn't tell you what to expect so we hit some of them at highway speed which was not pleasant. On some locations on I-70 we were in the left lane with the trucks because the right lane was so bad and that wasn't due to construction.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12