User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Be sure to take the night boat ride up the Colorado River. It's a real treat. We've done it a couple of times.

And maybe consider a leisurely sunset dinner up hwy 128 at Red Cliffs Lodge - leave plenty of time before dinner to explore the really neat movie museum they have downstairs.

One more thought - I should have thought of this weeks ago while you were traveling through Yellowstone..... Absolutely download the GyPSy Guide app for your smartphone. Archs and Canyonlands is a MUST LISTEN. It is packed with information and fun trivia facts. It is worth the money!

There is also an app called Up Ahead. I think it is free but it isn't nearly as nice as the GyPSY Guides.
    Thanks, Tami has downloaded the GyPSy app but I don't think she got the Up Ahead. It's really interesting to get the back story on this places.

All of the places we have visited so far have been spectacular! Arches reminds me of the beginnings of the desert and what we will see going to Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley. Each of these parks have their own unique scenery, but you can see in the rock formations the connection they have to each other.

This morning we are off to the south of Moab to Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley. I'm a western movie fan so we have John Wayne's Cabin on the agenda, where the movie "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" was made. John Ford made a lot of his movies in the area, I can see why!
    Can you imagine what the settlers thought when they got to this area?!. How in the heck are we going to over these mountains. And water is a scarce commodity in this area! Rocky Mountains, Wasatch Mountains, Sierra Nevada Mountains. These were some really determined people!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 08-02-2022 at 06:42 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alias100 View Post
    You might want to check out Dead Horse Point State Park while you are in the area.
    I second Dead Horse State Park. Awesome views and vistas and less busy. I've recommended it to others and I had similar responses.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Thanks, Tami has downloaded the GyPSy app but I don't think she got the Up Ahead. It's really interesting to get the back story on this places.

All of the places we have visited so far have been spectacular! Arches reminds me of the beginnings of the desert and what we will see going to Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley. Each of these parks have their own unique scenery, but you can see in the rock formations the connection they have to each other.

This morning we are off to the south of Moab to Valley of the Gods and Monument Valley. I'm a western movie fan so we have John Wayne's Cabin on the agenda, where the movie "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" was made. John Ford made a lot of his movies in the area, I can see why!
    Can you imagine what the settlers thought when they got to this area?!. How in the heck are we going to over these mountains. And water is a scarce commodity in this area! Rocky Mountains, Wasatch Mountains, Sierra Nevada Mountains. These were some really determined people!
    Steve,
    If you are at all interested in John Wayne & movie sets, you have GOT TO SEE the museum at Red Cliffs Lodge.

If you want to marvel at the tenacity of the pioneers there is a small hill, Salvation Knoll. It is on US95 between the intersection of 261 and 95 going east. It's a nothing of a hill but, for us, had the most fascinating story of the early Mormon settlers.

It's probably too late as you may be at Monument Valley now, but you can leave Valley of the Gods, climb the Moki Dugway (it's OK with a dully) and then continue north up 216 to 95. 95 in itself is lush with hikes and great ruins.

Here are a few photos from Salvation Knoll....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0FB12AC-019A-44E6-9602-E0EE54C52A22.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	42255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	512601AD-5C5A-4921-B00B-9892EC698519.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	42256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	591A43FC-CC31-4DAD-B017-000C894B1E45_1_100_o.jpg 
Views:	12 
ID:	42257
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Steve,
    If you are at all interested in John Wayne & movie sets, you have GOT TO SEE the museum at Red Cliffs Lodge.

If you want to marvel at the tenacity of the pioneers there is a small hill, Salvation Knoll. It is on US95 between the intersection of 261 and 95 going east. It's a nothing of a hill but, for us, had the most fascinating story of the early Mormon settlers.

It's probably too late as you may be at Monument Valley now, but you can leave Valley of the Gods, climb the Moki Dugway (it's OK with a dully) and then continue north up 216 to 95. 95 in itself is lush with hikes and great ruins.

Here are a few photos from Salvation Knoll....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F0FB12AC-019A-44E6-9602-E0EE54C52A22.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	42255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	512601AD-5C5A-4921-B00B-9892EC698519.jpg 
Views:	13 
ID:	42256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	591A43FC-CC31-4DAD-B017-000C894B1E45_1_100_o.jpg 
Views:	12 
ID:	42257
    Larry, Dang I missed your post prior to our leaving for Monument Valley as we left Moab early in the morning. We might get down to Bears Ears again, if so we'll check it out. I'll detail our visit To Monument Valley in a separate post thread.
    The museum at Red Cliffs sounds great!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 08-03-2022 at 08:28 AM.
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stopped by the Red Cliffs Ranch Lodge and toured the museum, great little place of movie memorability and nice video playing in the museum of the movies made in the area.. Highway 128 is a very scenic drive along the Colorado river.

Got to say on our journey so far there has been more than a few times when Tami wanted to crawl out of her seat, over the console and into the left rear passengers seat! Would be funny watching that!! Drop off cliffs and no guard rails on the side of the road. She swears she has seen the right rear outside dual tire off the road over a cliff a few times! I keep asking her is she wants to drive, but she never wants to!! Sometimes I think she has a death grip on her side door step handle!!

Thanks everybody, we have a full site seeing agenda thanks to y'all. Hundreds of pictures and hours of video so far! We are loving it!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Got to say on our journey so far there has been more than a few times when Tami wanted to crawl out of her seat, over the console and into the left rear passengers seat! Would be funny watching that!! Drop off cliffs and no guard rails on the side of the road. She swears she has seen the right rear outside dual tire off the road over a cliff a few times! I keep asking her is she wants to drive, but she never wants to!! Sometimes I think she has a death grip on her side door step handle!!
    At least you're not on burros.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12