Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Large empty space in 380FL

In our 2021 380FL, there is a large pass through storage space just forward of the pull-out tray space. The attached picture is looking in from the “utility” side of the trailer. The wall in front of this space - the left side of the attached picture - contains the four tank drain handles and a light on the utility side and a light, outlet, and tv coax hook-up on the entry door side. For a reason unimportant to this post, I needed to see what was behind this panel. So, I pulled all the screws and carefully, with some force required due to a tight fit, pulled the panel down from the top. There was a fair amount of slack in all the wires and cables, so no issue there. I was quite surprised to find 2 ft x 2 ft x 8 ft of empty space. There are some cables, wires, pex, and heating ducts on each end but about 7ft of the 8 ft width is clear space. Given space needs for full timers, I was quite surprised. About 1/2 of the floor this space was open - aluminum frame members with insulation and tank visible in the belly below the floor. The other half of the floor was covered with the flooring extend through from the kitchen area. Sorry for not thinking to snap a photo of the space - DUH! I’ll get it the next time I run out to the RV storage yard.

I plan to modify that front panel to provide access to that space. It is right over the rear axle so would be good for weight distribution for heavier items - infrequently needed tools? Have to consider GVWR of course but we have 18K with 8k axle upgrade. Anyone see any reasons to not use that space? I would not close off all of the opening to the belly so as to not impede heated air flow, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Storage space.pdf 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	42237
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is interesting, as I am getting ready to pick up my new-to-me 2021 380FL this weekend. Compared to our Imagine 3100RD, the 380FL has so much more outside storage space, I doubt I will need this extra 16 sq ft anytime soon, but it is great to know about it. Please post a picture of what it looks like when you get a chance.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGD380FL View Post
    This is interesting, as I am getting ready to pick up my new-to-me 2021 380FL this weekend. Compared to our Imagine 3100RD, the 380FL has so much more outside storage space, I doubt I will need this extra 16 sq ft anytime soon, but it is great to know about it. Please post a picture of what it looks like when you get a chance.
    Will do, although it might be a couple of weeks until I get out there again. I still can't believe I didn't snap a picture. Right now, the most likely use is snow skiing gear and tools "I might need but hope not".
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW