User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vented dryer in 2022 310GK

Has anyone installed a vented dryer or washer dryer combo in a new Solitude 310GK-R? I’m looking at one and am considering a W/D in the front closet where it is prepped. The closet for this is now on the centerline of the rig. The markings for a dryer vent go forward into the front cap. Just wondering about the logistics of getting a vent tube to the right or left side of the rig for the exhaust vent.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2020 310GK-R came with a sticker on the side of the W/D closet - but we and the dealer had been warned not to trust the sticker. The techs chose a place to cut through for the dryer vent (we have Whirlpool separates) on the curb side. If the W/D closet is on the curb side, I can't imagine why one would put a vent on the street side, though.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The closet for this is now on the centerline of the rig. The markings for a dryer vent go forward into the front cap.
    We have the prior closet layout, but our vent mark/sticker was on a small/removable panel. After removing the panel, I found another sticker on the inside of the wall. You may need to poke around to find an access panel. Our splendide dryer vent is on the left side of the rear panel (as viewed from the front) - if that makes any sense. So if your dryer is on the centerline, it would be a slightly shorter vent line to the street side.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    We have the prior closet layout, but our vent mark/sticker was on a small/removable panel. After removing the panel, I found another sticker on the inside of the wall. You may need to poke around to find an access panel. Our splendide dryer vent is on the left side of the rear panel (as viewed from the front) - if that makes any sense. So if your dryer is on the centerline, it would be a slightly shorter vent line to the street side.
    That makes sense. We are considering a combo unit, or stacked pair… but the weight is a concern right now. We’ll postpone the laundry and permanent generator until we replace the truck next year.

Our 310GK came in at almost 500# heavier than the brochure weight! The brochure weight is 2300#, we have generator prep, the 3rd A/C, slide toppers, bringing it to 2780, before loading clothes. We replaced the worthless mattress before even trying it, put in a Wilderness RV King, for another 120#, that stuff starts to add up, next thing I know, I’ll be shopping for a DRW truck.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 310GK came in at almost 500# heavier than the brochure weight! The brochure weight is 2300#, we have generator prep, the 3rd A/C, slide toppers, bringing it to 2780, before loading clothes. We replaced the worthless mattress before even trying it, put in a Wilderness RV King, for another 120#, that stuff starts to add up, next thing I know, I’ll be shopping for a DRW truck.
    With our stackable W/D, heavier mattress and packed for full time living, we’re very close to 3000 at the pin. Not a problem with my DRW.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreDriver View Post
    That makes sense. We are considering a combo unit, or stacked pair… but the weight is a concern right now. We’ll postpone the laundry and permanent generator until we replace the truck next year.

We have the same trailer with the prep in the center of the closet, and will be putting in the washer/dryer this winter. I’ll post what I find. I’d recommend a DRW truck, after towing my (still bare bones) 310GK-R in 40+ mph South Dakota crosswinds with a 2500HD Chevy.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours vents out driver side. It is the Splendide set. Dealer put it in though so we didn't have to route the vent. Our pin the day we picked it up with W/D, Batteries, Propane and our stuff for full time put us at 3260. We are currently around 3400 on the pin since we added a threw a generator in the pass through. Pool noodles stuffed on each side of washing machine help with the vibrations some what. We are going to brace the top of the dryer to help the vibration also.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Camping Life View Post
    Ours vents out driver side. It is the Splendide set. Dealer put it in though so we didn't have to route the vent. Our pin the day we picked it up with W/D, Batteries, Propane and our stuff for full time put us at 3260. We are currently around 3400 on the pin since we added a threw a generator in the pass through. Pool noodles stuffed on each side of washing machine help with the vibrations some what. We are going to brace the top of the dryer to help the vibration also.
    Thanks for the info, I figured it would go out to the street side somewhere, but I haven’t pulled any panels up in the new trailer yet. I may add all that stuff before we make a long trip out west or Alaska next year. I want to be self sufficient before I take on that. I just lack installing a modest solar setup and a genset for the off grid days.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the corner W/D closet so I vented it on the passenger side.

As most have said - measure many times and inspect a lot before cutting the hole for the vent.

On mine, beside having to remove the bedroom door and W/D closet door and one side of the trim just to get the dryer in, I had to remove the back panel too to have access to the vent on the W/D; it was no where near where GD put a sticker.

And I raised the plumbing too so it could be accessed once the W/D combo was in. I have no idea what GD was thinking when they put the access on the side which would be inaccessible once the appliance(s) were in.

I am not familiar with the new arrangement and even after looking at GS's side don't see the photos of anything new, but I did see the floor plan changed.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    We have the corner W/D closet so I vented it on the passenger side.

As most have said - measure many times and inspect a lot before cutting the hole for the vent.

On mine, beside having to remove the bedroom door and W/D closet door and one side of the trim just to get the dryer in, I had to remove the back panel too to have access to the vent on the W/D; it was no where near where GD put a sticker.

And I raised the plumbing too so it could be accessed once the W/D combo was in. I have no idea what GD was thinking when they put the access on the side which would be inaccessible once the appliance(s) were in.

I am not familiar with the new arrangement and even after looking at GS's side don't see the photos of anything new, but I did see the floor plan changed.
    The new closet layout is pretty good. The centerline location allows for the unit deeper in the closet, due to the curvature of the front cap. The street side closet/drawers can store things less frequently used, with a king bed, it’s a squeeze. The laundry/double hanging closet is easily accessible, and the curb side closet is a mirror image of the street side. They were able to make all of the closet space very usable. I like the change. For me installing a laundry set is a next winter project. Looking closer at it, I think there’s room for a vent line to go either direction across the front and out the side. I’ll try to post pics when I open it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast