Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PullRite Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PullRite Hitch

My husband is considering the PullRite #2600 Superlite hitch and was wondering if this hitch voids the Grand Design warranty? We currently have the Pullrite SuperGlide #2900 in our 2022 Chevy High Country DRW 8' bed. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sspoon View Post
    My husband is considering the PullRite #2600 Superlite hitch and was wondering if this hitch voids the Grand Design warranty? We currently have the Pullrite SuperGlide #2900 in our 2022 Chevy High Country DRW 8' bed. Thanks in advance.
    Looks like this is your first post, welcome to the forum. Personally, I can't see any reason a specific hitch would void your warranty, have you checked with GD customer service?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any warranty affected would be the chassis warranty - and that is made by Lippert, not Grand Design. This topic has been discussed many times on the forum (mostly in relation to the Andersen Ultimate, a design almost identical to the PullRite SuperLite). Despite what GD Customer Service may tell you, it's on GD/Lippert to prove that a hitch caused a problem that would interfere with the chassis warranty. We pulled 30K miles with an Andersen, had the rig in for warranty repairs a couple of times, and nary a word was said regarding the hitch... in fact, our GD dealer installed the Andersen for us.

You don't say which fifth wheel you're towing, though. Hitches such as the UltraLite and Andersen are not compatible with the Turning Point pin boxes on the Reflection 150 Series.

You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Hitches such as the UltraLite and Andersen are not compatible with the Turning Point pin boxes on the Reflection 150 Series.
    We have the Andersen on our 150 Series Reflection, the turning point pin box is locked.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    We have the Andersen on our 150 Series Reflection, the turning point pin box is locked.
    Thanks - I forgot about that feature on the Turning Point.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015