User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pin box options

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidlm View Post
    Over on the GD295RL forum a gentleman detailed swapping a Moryde orbital pin box
    Part RTPB83-1622 for the stock pin box on a 2021 indicating the bolts all lined up, no mods. He is using the pin in the locked position as I would. He has included pics and details.
    You may be onto something there Skidlm. I think anything that helps with chucking is good.
    Have you made the jump yet?
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 08-16-2022 at 03:20 PM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it turns out Moryde no longer makes an orbital cushioned pin box. Part RTPB83-1622 Is not available and the gentleman who made the swap found a used part. I agree - mine doesn’t chuck too too much but I would still like a smoother ride experience.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a 295RL and experienced some of the same issues you have. I added air bags, played with the pressures til I found the “sweet spot”, and we’ve ridden happily since.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshhm View Post
    We had a 295RL and experienced some of the same issues you have. I added air bags, played with the pressures til I found the “sweet spot”, and we’ve ridden happily since.
    What he said.

And...... If you dont have an OEM rear anti-swaybar, get one of those too. Makes a big difference on SRW TVs. Again, happy towing = happy wife = happy life! 😉
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Morryde rubber cushioned pin box. It really absorbs the shock and lateral movement enough that it really smooths out the ride. About $800 but worth it if you tow a lot.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the in bed solution is called trailersaver. Anybody have one of those?
    https://trailersaver.com/
    Last edited by Grandesigner; 08-18-2022 at 09:26 AM.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have one but priced the BD3 for puck system for my Silverado 2500. It’s a pricey $2895 hence the reason I was looking at the pin box option.
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 295RL
    US Army RET

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Skidlm. I have the same setup as you, although different year truck and trailer. After taking a trip this summer across four provinces I started searching for alternatives to help smooth out the ride.
    I came across the moryde (didn’t know it was no longer available) and the BD3 (too expensive).
    Another pinbox I was looking at is the GenY. Although known for their goosenecks they also make a fifth wheel version. I believe they are coming out with a version that will be compatible with our trailers but I have not contacted them and can’t say for certain.
    I have to say I am not unhappy with the way my combination rides. It probably would be better if I used air bags instead of the timbres on my truck but after hitting some really bad stretches of highways we started thinking of ways to improve the ride. There are some videos out there showing how much quieter the trailer rides with some of these pin boxes.
    I would be interested in what you find for a solution.
    2018 295RL Relection
    2018 Silverado HD2500

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Saxles I agree - I have the BW Companion hitch and also am not unhappy with setup, 295RL or the truck. I wish we could just have a bit smoother ride. I’m about to install Sumo springs on the fifth wheel, assess that, then look at softening truck ride. Will let you know how it goes.
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 295RL
    US Army RET

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidlm View Post
    @Saxles I agree - I have the BW Companion hitch and also am not unhappy with setup, 295RL or the truck. I wish we could just have a bit smoother ride. I’m about to install Sumo springs on the fifth wheel, assess that, then look at softening truck ride. Will let you know how it goes.
    I'll chime in here about Sumo Springs. For the trailer, 2nd best inexpensive investment I made to help the ride. I did put Sumo Springs on the truck as well, instead of airbags. They were cheaper than airbags for both front and rear sets, albeit it gives the unloaded truck a stiffer ride. Witch the coach on it, a night and day difference. I also had the Morryde Rubber Pin Box installed by the dealer before we took delivery of our 320MKS as I've towed fifth wheels with the "standard" pin box, and hated the jouncing and chucking you usually get with one.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast