User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The LT tires have a stronger side wall than the P tires. That way they don't flatten out as easily.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    How do we know it is an LT tire? Or a P tire?
    Sorry, my mistake. You had typed HT and I was thinking LT. Like Hoopy said it will be on the sidewall before the 275 number. It will say P275 or LT275.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our now sold 5r had "ST" in front of the size
    ST is the designation for a trailer tire.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new F150 came with Michelin 20's, and I really like'em. I was in the car business 24 years, and have had over 100 new cars. I've had virtually every brand of tire that's on the retail market. Let me just warn you that prices on all tires are up dramatically--especially on most popular size tires.

I've never been a Goodyear fan as they've often been lighter built tires than my favorite Michelins. But my Dunlop OEM tires on my new Venza were roaring at 30K miles, and I researched the 18" tires on most mid size SUV's. I went with the Goodyear's, and I'm very satisfied with them. They appear to be wearing very well, and they're so much quieter.

Just run what you have unless they cause sway problems or start roaring. Then change'em. I still am a believer in Bridgestone and Michelin tires for tow vehicles. But they're not the only tires out there. Note: I go to TireRack.com to research tires.

I've never been a Chinese tire fan--any brand name or size. When I had a blowout of my 265-75-16 E rated Michelin tires, I got cheap and bought Sailun A/T tires. They were $100 cheaper than the Michelins, and they seem to be doing just fine on my 3/4 ton diesel.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you happy with how your new truck tows? I’ve run my truck at GVWR (7000lbs) and even likely 50-100# over and had no issues with my tires. They are Michelin Defenders, but in the standard load rating, not LT. Wear has been even with over 19k miles towing all over the country.

It’s my opinion that half tons don’t need LT tires, although if someone wants them no issues from me. My experience backs up that opinion, as does the stock tire’s weight rating.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Stealth, I've only dragged it a few miles so don't know yet. We will take a short trip to the coast next month so I'll get my first real trial. I'll report back.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Stealth, I've only dragged it a few miles so don't know yet. We will take a short trip to the coast next month so I'll get my first real trial. I'll report back.
    I wish you the best! Every tire is different but with what they cost, would be great if your factory ones were good. By the way, that 2600rb was one of our top two trailers when we got this one, great floorplan, huge bathroom! Makes a huge difference getting the hitch dialed in at this size (one chain different on our Blue Ox totally changed the towing experience for us).
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12