User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Morryde and listen to their recommendations.

They were very helpful when we add the CRE 3000 on our 2600RB and let me know we didn't need the cross brace.

Some keyboard warrior insisted I need the cross brace, probably related to the guy that insisted we needed an F350 to tow a 6000 pound trailer?
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    How do you know it rides better?

Does anyone ride back there in a before/after test?
    You know it when you know it. Mine rode better after an SRE 4000 install I did myself. You can feel it. And, no, no one rides back there. And I’d remind you that questions are ok here but if you read the community rules “challenging” people isn’t - which it sounds like you did here. Maybe there might be a more polite way to ask why someone feels like they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    Call Morryde and listen to their recommendations.

They were very helpful when we add the CRE 3000 on our 2600RB and let me know we didn't need the cross brace.

Some keyboard warrior insisted I need the cross brace, probably related to the guy that insisted we needed an F350 to tow a 6000 pound trailer?
    I put an X-brace on my center connection. I don’t recall if MorRyde suggested it though; they did suggest the 4000 for my rig. I wish I had done it on the front and rear mounts too. It might have prevented a cracked frame I experienced.

A call to MorRyde is the way to go before deciding for sure.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Performance Trailer Braking is awesome. They came to my house to do 8K axle and disc brake install. They did a great job. You could ask them what they recommend for your trailer too. Just because the number is higher (4000 vs 3000) doesn't mean it is better for your rig. For a heavy Solitude, the 3000 was the appropriate one and came from the factory that way.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    And I’d remind you that questions are ok here but if you read the community rules “challenging” people isn’t - which it sounds like you did here. Maybe there might be a more polite way to ask why someone feels like they do.
    Challenging? Polite?

I cannot help how people take what I write down. It is out of my control. If you think it is challenging, that is something you need resolve.

I am an auto mechanic. I have been one for 40+ years. I am really really good at what I do and I was a top 10 Mercedes mechanic for several years. I have people ship their Mercedes to me from all over the country to work on. I have worked on some of the rarest Mercedes on the road. I perform tests and like a before and after results of those tests. I absolutely despise mechanics that just throw on parts because they have no clue what they are doing or too lazy to make tests. I have a good client base because I am honest and I make tests to determine the facts. Once the facts are found, the repairs are made.

For me, it is hard to imagine how determine if the suspension is better in a trailer that is attached to you. I would love to understand how people can determine that. My question is genuine. I really want to know how someone determines that. I do believe there are placebos [and so does science, so it is not just me]. I can say, I have never changed out a suspension and therefore could not determined if there is difference in pulling. This is why I asked. How do you determine that?

There is one video [Changing Lanes?] that they did and before and after test while riding in the trailer. So, I do not think it is out of the ordinary to ask that question.

If anyone thinks I was trying to start a fight, I'm not. Some people [like me] would love to know how people determine it is better. What tests did you do to determine that? Sometimes, no tests were done, but it feels better. I get that, I have have told my clients the same thing.
    Last edited by Butcher; 08-11-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you how I knew a suspension change made for a better ride, I could feel the difference in how much movement was transferred to the truck. I installed EZ Flex equalizers in place of plain solid equalizers. The difference was obvious: the truck didn't jerk when going over sharp bridge abutments on the interstate. That, to me, is an improvement in the way the trailer traveled. So, IMO, yes, you can tell "if the suspension is better in a trailer that is attached to you".

Once you get as much experience towing a trailer as you have repairing Mercedes, you'll also be able to tell the difference when suspension changes make a significant improvement.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My truck is a 95 F250 and I have a 29RS. I picked it up in Florida and I live in the Seattle area. During the long drive, I felt at times the engine was misfiring. It may be chucking but I do not recall feeling that with my old trailer. I've wanted to upgrade the pin box but I really do not want to purchase something if the engine is misfiring.

It would be great if I could experience a before and after test. Same way with the suspension. It would be better to experience that on someone else's dime. I do not ever see myself starting to work on RV's for a living. I would love to hear from some RV mechanic that is not trying to sell you something. Calling the manufacturer is highly recommended but since they tend to sell you stuff, I find it hard that I would accept their advice as pure fact.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have an update… this past weekend Performance trailer and braking came out and installed the CRE300, the we bolt kit amd 1 cross brace over center. While we were talking the TEC mentioned he was on some crazy route through the mid west. He said he was over weight and needed to get rid of some weight on his little trailer…hubs, leaf springs etc. I said hey I’ll help out just unload your trailer and I’ll have local scrapper pick up. So I come back and he has everything unloaded, but off to the side he had set out 4 3,500 leaf springs that looked in good shape. He says you have 3,000 springs on your 320mks, for helping me out if you want I’ll put these 3500 pound springs on dirt cheap.

So hear I I’m! going to take the rig out for a test ride this weekend to feel the difference. I would highly recommend PTB for work, the TEC I had was super honest, hard working, and fast. He even gave me 4 sets of the better lug nuts to switch out the 2 piece ones that come on the Reflection line.
    2019 GD Reflection 320MKS
    2020 Ford F-450 crew cab Lariat plus DRW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12