Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has The Problem With The Sailun S637T Been Fixed

I have a set of Sailun S637T ST235/80R16 G/14PLY Tires that have been on on my trailer since 2018 that are needing to be replaced in the next few months. Never had any problem with my tires.

I read the reports of tire failure with these tire made in late 2020 manufactured in Vietnam. I spoke with someone in customer service for the company and he told the problem as been fixed. Just make sure the last 2 digits on the DOT numbers end in 21 or 22, that is the year they were manufactured. He said they still have some tires being made at the factory in China but most likely you will get tires from the Taiwan plant.

Can anyone tell me if you are running this tire that has since been manufactured in 2021 or 2022 that have been made in the Taiwan plant? I just want to make sure no one is having any problems before I buy another set of them.
    TIA,
    Mike
    Last edited by in6seczone; 08-03-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure it was Taiwan? All the threads I've read on different forums state the tires were manufactured in Vietnam. I haven't read anything about Sailun failures in quite some time. I plan on buying a set when it comes time to replace the Westlakes, which will be pretty soon.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought some Sailuns late last year and they were made in Vietnam. Sailun had a recall on some of their tires being built in Vietnam so I got in touch with them to see if ours were part of the recall. I gave them the dates on the tires and they said ours were not part of the recall. Apparently they have taken care of the problem so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you are correct he did say Vietnam.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just noticed you said since 2018. If it were my trailer, my tires, I wouldn't be replacing them yet. Unless they were showing cracking or excessive wear. Mine went over 6 years with no issues whatsoever. I definitely wouldn't replace them at 4 years old. But JMO of course.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! They were put on in August 2018. Still have almost 1/2 the treads and showing a some wear on the edges. The little lines that were on the outside edge of the rubber are gone. I just don't think they were very deep in the thread.