User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Removing sleeper sofa from Reflection 337RLS

We are getting ready to transition to full-timing in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS sometime in the next few months. Both my wife and I find the sleeper sofa quite uncomfortable (the seat is too shallow front-to-back and the back angle/lumbar support is not not there). We have an Ekornes love seat and ottoman that are lightweight, but feel that the ottoman that goes with it would take up too much floor space in the living area (the love seat would fit, though). Plan B is to leave the theater seating in place for my wife (similar to the love seat with the center arm rest removed, much more comfortable to sit in than the sleeper sofa, and the theater seats reline.) Part 2 of plan B is to remove the sleeper sofa and put my Ekornes Stressless recliner and its much smaller footstool in place of the sleeper sofa. My question is this: has anyone removed the sleeper sofa from a rear-living Reflection? If so, how does the sofa come apart and was it difficult to disassemble and get out the door?

In case anyone is curious, no - we don't want/need the extra sleeping capacity. My step-daughter was unhappy with us for not choosing a bunkhouse model so she and the five grand-kids could join us any time they wanted. My wife's response is, "That's PRECISELY the reason we DON'T want a bunkhouse!" If they want to meet us and tent camp somewhere, they are more than welcome...

Thanks in advance,

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've removed the sleeper sofa in our 337 to repair the shelves in the side tables (another story). If you flip it open, there should be 3 or 4 angle brackets between the lower frame and the floor to remove. I didn't try to get it out the door so I can comment on that...perhaps some dis-assembly will be required. Finding something that fits that space and has clearance for both slides won't be easy...

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    ...Finding something that fits that space and has clearance for both slides won't be easy...

Dave
    We already have two pieces that will fit - the one that's going in is my Ekornes Stressless recliner. Thanks for the info on removal.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015