User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310 GKR 2021 Slide adjustments

Good morning! The unit finally saw rain after 1 year, which inevitably lead to the black streaks on the floors from the slide skis. (I believe this residue is actually coming from run off from the roof draining down side drying on the bottom of the skis. Plus some degradation of the glues and such.) But, after a call to Lippert and reading everything i could find on the slideouts, I have not been able to find anything about how the slide should sit when out.

1. Should the slide floor be level as main floor? Do I need to raise the outside bolt(s) to bring slide more level?

Mine droop quite a bit. After placing some plastic tape on floor you can easily pick up on the sliding pattern across the floor. Skis are only sliding on floor the last 5-6 inches and kick up at very end of travel. Which brings second question. (If not for the black streaks I would not even know about all of this.)

2. How much of an angle of attack should slide have when coming into room? Mine seems to be alot, angled up.

It does seem like if the slide has too great an angle of attack when it tidders over onto floor this will lead to a gouge at some point.
    The Lippert video is of no help in checking for level on these slides. The difference they speak of being 1/4 inch, all four of mine are well over 1 1/4 inch when extended. If I level the slide floor this difference will be even greater.

FWIW this unit lives in an enclosed garage, has 6000 miles on it, have seen rain 3 times now. Has seen outside weather about 20 weeks.

Thanks in advance. Thoughts appreciated. Go to threads, links, anything.
    Thank you!

2021 310GKR Solitude
    2022 GMC Denali - Duramax

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After talking with Lippert, several times, I now know what the measurements need to be. Actually sent me detailed drawings. It was agreed that the goo/black streaks on floor are coming from roof runoof and degradaded adhesives accumulating under skis. Clean bottom of skis and apply some silicon lube. Good CS at Lippert.

The attack angle is only based on meeting the shown measurements. Not necessary to come into room at a drastic angle. If so, seals need to be lubricated to allow easier passing of seals.

The slide out should be close to level but does not have to be exact.

Final notes; If you adjust slides to meet shown dimensions, clean skis, lube seals, all should be good.

The procedure/drawings are attached at link below.

I did find that the ski that was the worst on my coach was 5/8 inch low.(out of tolerance)

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/asse...4&d=1659875366
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PG Slideout Adjustment Binder (1).pdf  
    Last edited by Terrytruett; 08-07-2022 at 06:44 AM.
    Thank you!

2021 310GKR Solitude
    2022 GMC Denali - Duramax

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrytruett View Post
    Well, guess Im going to have to answer my own question. After talking with Lippert twice, I know what the measurements need to be. Actually sent me detainled drawings. Good CS at Lippert.
    It would be great for other users of the forum if you reported back here what Lippert said to do and describe how you fixed your problem.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 08-06-2022 at 05:13 PM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually