User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely Off Topic - Horse Rescue Needed in Montana

Hi Folks,

Since we are a spread out bunch and I believe a few forum members are based out of Montana, I am reaching out to our incredibly resourceful GD community for help.

I don't have all of the details, but my wife has an older family member who needs to immediately rehome at least 3 horses because she can no longer care for them. I am not sure of their ages, and other than some teeth issues (floating) needing immediate attention in one and eventually in the other two, the horses are apparently healthy. I believe all 3 are Morabs (Morgan x Arab). We have already taken 3 other horses from this family member, and in May, relocated them to our farm here in Virginia. If worst comes to worst, we may have to take these other 3 (and possibly more) but wanted to see if there is an option to keep them together and closer to MT.

If you have any contacts or resources anywhere in the area that may help, please send me a PM. According to an email we received from the family member, 5 horse rescues have already been contacted in the "Valley" and none have available space. Not sure what valley that is, but the horses are located in Stevensville, MT. Thank you all!

And just as an FYI, the 3 horses we took have never been under saddle even though one is 7-years-old and the other 2 are 13-years-old. I'd assume the same for the 3 others but am trying to get more details. One of the 13-year-olds we have is now under saddle and being ridden by my wife 3-4x/week.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you find the horses happy homes.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/