Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear support jack clearance concerns 260 RD

Those of you who own a 260RD or others, have you had any issues with your rear jacks bottoming out while towing?
    With my rig attached, level and jacks fully retracted the distance from the bottom of the jack (plate removed) to the ground is only 5-6" ... though I've only towed the rig from the dealer to home so far, I am concerned as I do travel via the state ferry system and some of the areas we camp are on unpaved, logging roads . There is enough room to position the jack assembly up one hole to gain maybe an inch or so, but, I will lose the ability to manually retract the jacks when they fail.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz80 View Post
    Those of you who own a 260RD or others, have you had any issues with your rear jacks bottoming out while towing?
    With my rig attached, level and jacks fully retracted the distance from the bottom of the jack (plate removed) to the ground is only 5-6" ... though I've only towed the rig from the dealer to home so far, I am concerned as I do travel via the state ferry system and some of the areas we camp are on unpaved, logging roads . There is enough room to position the jack assembly up one hole to gain maybe an inch or so, but, I will lose the ability to manually retract the jacks when they fail.
    Yes, this was a concern for me although I must say that so far I've had zero issues. There are shorter jacks that have a higher clearance, some have reported luck in getting GD to replace the longer ones, I haven't tried that yet.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been an issue for a while. Mine had the longer rear jacks installed. Contact Lippert customer service. They should send you 2 shorter ones. They are fairly easy to swap out. They didn't want the old ones returned.
    Do a search on this and you will get more info.