User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Now for folks that run under the speed limit, be mindful of others and pull over -
    Ummm…No. I am not pulling my trailer into a shoulder to allow someone to pass
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only time I feel it necessary to be under the speed limit is on the interstate or the 4 lane highways where the speed limit is 65+. I stay in the right lane and allow people to pass. On 2 lane roads, typically the speed limit is 55mph and I don’t care if the speeders behind me don’t like it. I will go to the right lane if there is a passing lane to allow those folks to get around me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to push things when not towing the camper. When I'm hooked up I am a much slower - and more careful - driver. My wife likes it that way too... She tends to get upset with me at times, but when pulling the rig, I'm right with her. There are times when the speed creeps up, but as I said, she'll see it and remind me. Then it's cruise control time, if possible. I won't use it if on 2 lane roads.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Ummm…No. I am not pulling my trailer into a shoulder to allow someone to pass
    I did not say that. i suggest finding a safe place to pull over like the passing lane. I have seen a lot of folks not even getting over in passing lanes forcing passing on the right. In Colorado in the mountains are short pull outs - a safe marked place to pull over. I have used store parking lots, or the parking curb lane in a small town - just any safe place to let folks safely by.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get behind that. If there is a place to do that, I’ll pull over and let folks go by. However I have the right of way and it’s a speed limit. Some highways have a minimum speed, as long as I am driving at or near the speed limit people have nothing to be upset about. You can not expect someone to break the law just because you’re willing to assume that risk.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trailer tow speed limits are much less the the posted speed limit. Do a search because it varies by state.
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK
    2022 Ford F-350 4x4 7.3 Godzilla

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If towstats.com believes there's a speed limit for trailers in Colorado, they need to tell that to the Colorado Department of Transportation because they don't think there is one.

https://www.codot.gov/safety/traffic...r-colorado.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abe_lincoln.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	46488
    Last edited by jjbbrewer; 05-26-2023 at 06:13 AM.
    signature

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had 62 MPH rated tires I ran around 62. Since upgrading my tires to Goodyear G114's with 99 MPH rated tires I am comfortable with 70 on open highways. When I get into traffic I slow it down quite a bit. Would rather cruise along at slower speeds in the right lane with the cruise control set letting others pass me than to try to keep up with the traffic and the constant varying speeds and braking.
    Michael Dilday - Suffolk, Va.
    2024 Solitude 376RD - Body paint, 3rd A/C, slide toppers, solar upgrade, 8k axle upgrade
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD Duramax Crew Dually, B&W Companion hitch
    35+ years camping

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do you
    Retired
    Azle Tx
    2022 Imagine 2670MK