User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My truck/trailer combo seems to really like the 68 mph speed, feels very comfortable at that speed. My last trailer, which was a TT, it seemed to like 63-64 mph. Usually only go faster when I need to pass someone.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as stability goes I like towing my TT around 65-68. I'm towing 9600lbs with a Ram 3500 CC LB.
    I've gone as fast as 72-74 but there was too much wandering back there with the TT. Thats all on Interstates. On the hwy I just go with the flow which is anywhere between 50-65.
    Interestingly enough when I had a short (28') 9200lb 5er and towed it with my previous 2012 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD it was rock solid stable. Except for the tires on it I would've felt comfortable towing in excess of 75 all day if needed. Over 65 both trucks start sucking more diesel than needed so I rarely tow over 65 anymore.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will go with the flow of traffic. Sometimes that is suprisingly fast. Excepting my first TT, all of my lashups have been rock solid.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    On flat highway, the cruise control is set to 62. Seems to be the best balance for performance. Plus, rarely do I need to be concerned with passing anyone. We’re retired- what’s the rush?
    I'm with you on that. Stay in the right lane and let everyone else zig-zag in and out of traffic.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    Wondering how fast the knowledgeable members here at the forum tow their coach while on the highway ??
    Never more than 65, but normally between 60-65. I prefer to arrive safe and sound.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On interstates, sweet spot for us is between 63 - 65 mph. Secondary roads and the like - the speed limit. I feel I have better control, safe braking distances, etc. not pushing it. I guess the best way to put it - it depends on conditions and traffic. I adjust safely and accordingly.
    Tim & Lisa
    2012 Silverado SRW LB 3500 Duramax
    2018 Reflection 337RLS, IS, Kodiak Discs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have family in Indiana that we go see now and then. When we go in the car, it takes about 13hrs driving 75ish. When we take the 5th wheel it takes us about 13.5hrs driving 65ish. When driving the car, we stop for fuel and the family walks around the convenience store. Stopping for food take a while even when we get it to go. With the camper, we stop for fuel and the wife and daughter use the facilities in the camper and make sandwiches while I take care of the truck. We save enough time that it makes up for the slower speed.
    2016 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3550BH

Camp Sites - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...fw&usp=sharing

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I will go with the flow of traffic. Sometimes that is suprisingly fast. Excepting my first TT, all of my lashups have been rock solid.
    Same here. I don't like being the road block - especially on the rural 2 lane interstates here in the west, which is almost all of them.
    signature

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    Wondering how fast the knowledgeable members here at the forum tow their coach while on the highway ??
    Tires are rated for 65mph... I stay at 65 as a maximum.. even if I had higher speed rated tires I would stay at 65. At 60 to 65 you have better control over your vehicles.
    I do not understand people that pass me towing a fishtailing trailer at 80.. My safety is not worth
    getting there 15-30 minutes sooner.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I had my 221 RB travel trailer I tended to keep it 65and lower. With my 280RS 5th wheel I like to run about 67-68…a little slower than traffic so I don’t have to keep turning cruise off…GY Endurance tires on both.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast