User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RecPro Furniture Life Expectancy

Our Thomas Payne loveseat has finally reached it's life cycle, the fake leather has begun to peel. I am looking at buying RecPro replacement but would like to hear from others that have this brand. For those forum members that have 4+ years of RecPro furniture has the material and workmanship stood the test of time?
    2018 F150 4x4 3.5 ECO 3.55
    2017 Imagine 2500RL, Fastway E2 10K Hitch

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never owned anything RecPro, so I have no opinion on it. But when we decided to do something different in our Toy Hauler, we decided to just go with household type furniture instead of taking a chance on something that might/maybe equal to the same quality or lack thereof, as the Thomas Payne in the butt stuff.

Our stuff was too new to be peeling, we just didn't like it because neither one of us thought it was very comfortable, so we went with a nice quality love seat from Wayfair, and then two Barcalounger Pedestal type recliners for the other side...

This is the curbside sofa, obviously not in our Momentum

Here is one of the sofa in the actual Momentum, with a cover over it for our furry friend. If you look close, you can see the 4" ABS pipe caps that the rear feet of the sofa sits down into.

And this is the street side......

You would have to be willing to find a way to strap the recliners down for travel, which was actually pretty easy. The sofa, with the "thick" legs it has was accomplished by buying two...4" ABS Pipe caps and screwing them down to the slide floor with the open side up, for the rear legs to fit into. It's never moved and that one does not get strapped down.
    Last edited by xrated; 08-06-2022 at 09:50 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with a $1,100 RecPro hide a bed when my Thomas Payne peeled away. I had to get a full size bed model because it was the only size bed that would clear my kitchen island.

I don't like the way the arm rests are. The bed sleeps okay, however. I've got a swvel rocking chair to take up the other room.

With FlexCoil doing away with RV furniture, few couches remain that will get through the undersized RV doors.

If I replaced my couch again, I'd probably check to see if the back of a Lazy Boy sofa is delivered separate of the bottom half. They're just as expensive, and probably better quality than RecCon. It's getting the furniture thru the door that's tough

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tent2tt View Post
    Our Thomas Payne loveseat has finally reached it's life cycle, the fake leather has begun to peel. I am looking at buying RecPro replacement but would like to hear from others that have this brand. For those forum members that have 4+ years of RecPro furniture has the material and workmanship stood the test of time?
    I can’t answer your longevity question since I only recently replaced our TP furniture with RecPro this spring so only a couple of months of wear. I can say, though, that I am thoroughly happy with my experience dealing with the company. The product arrived very quickly and was as described and ordered. We went with cloth fabric for a change and I don’t know how long it will last but we are not particularly hard on our furniture (no dogs, just a non-scratching cat). If longevity is your primary criterion, then you might want to upgrade the fabric you order. They offer UltraLeather for a price that has excellent wear history - we had UltraLeather upholstery in a boat for many years that wore very well. The other usual failure point is the foam and I have no idea how well it will stand up over time compared to others. It probably is really a matter of what you are willing to spend. The high end is Lambright which will do pretty much whatever you want for a price, I believe, with an excellent assortment of available fabrics - never used them so only internet-level information. Good luck with your shopping. RecPro is not particularly expensive and so far I believe you pretty much get what you pay for.
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    ... With FlexCoil doing away with RV furniture, few couches remain that will get through the undersized RV doors.
    There's still Flexsteel, Lambright, and Villa - but they're pricey. We have a Lambright double reclining love seat on the way (should be here any time) to replace the Thomas Payne theater seats in our rig. Here's what's in place of the sleeper sofa (Ekorness Stressless recliners):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200725_135026 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	42415

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be able to find some zero clearance loveseat household furniture to replace the TP loveseat. That's the way we will go when ours starts to shed. Do like the PVC cap foot holders idea!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There's still Flexsteel, Lambright, and Villa - but they're pricey. We have a Lambright double reclining love seat on the way (should be here any time) to replace the Thomas Payne theater seats in our rig. Here's what's in place of the sleeper sofa (Ekorness Stressless recliners):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200725_135026 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	42415

Rob
    Very nice Rob.....my wife had an Ekorness Stressless in her previous life. She said it was the most comfortable thing she has ever sat on.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Very nice Rob.....my wife had an Ekorness Stressless in her previous life. She said it was the most comfortable thing she has ever sat on.
    I have three bulging discs in my lower lumbar area (work-related, of course). I spent thirty years and thousands of dollars throwing money at various Lay-Z-Boy recliners, etc., trying to stop my back from hurting. Got my first Ekornes and never looked back (no pun intended). When we moved it into the RV in place of the sleeper sofa, of course I had to get another one to match to fill the space for company - right?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered a Recpro 72” sleeper sofa for our 2500RL and put it in 2 years ago. The pullout is a short queen. It’s been slept by my two 100lb sons 40-50 nights and still looks good and works as it should.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xrated, how much did that sofa cost you if you remember?