User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great series of posts. I was considering adding a 200ah GC2 in parallel since I could mount in same location as the two 100ah BBs. Wasn't sure if there would be an issue on charging though if I mixed the two types.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Great series of posts. I was considering adding a 200ah GC2 in parallel since I could mount in same location as the two 100ah BBs. Wasn't sure if there would be an issue on charging though if I mixed the two types.
    Battle Born is extremely responsive to questions - either by phone or email. I have communicated with them a couple of times during this project and they have the answers!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to imagine how the two types could effect each other, but without a doubt, BB would know.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... the batteries and monitor arrived on Monday and the cables on Wednesday, so yesterday I was able to get the batteries and monitor installed yesterday. (The shelf above and partition beside will have to wait until my body forgives me for yesterday.) It's been too hot to cut the shore power to do any testing, but I'll do that as soon as the temps are more tolerable (perhaps early one of the next few mornings before the temps start climbing). About three hours ago I set the parameters on the monitor to those on the Battle Born page:

https://battlebornbatteries.com/faq-all-about-bmvs/

And the monitor is showing this (screenshot from a few minutes ago - late afternoon sun on the solar panel and plugged into shore power):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220819-160717.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	42583

Battle Born says "... Keep in mind if you changed any settings, it will take 5 charges for them to calibrate." Is this what I should be seeing at this point? I'm not sure I now how to interpret what I'm seeing.

Thanks,

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    So... the batteries and monitor arrived on Monday and the cables on Wednesday, so yesterday I was able to get the batteries and monitor installed yesterday. (The shelf above and partition beside will have to wait until my body forgives me for yesterday.) It's been too hot to cut the shore power to do any testing, but I'll do that as soon as the temps are more tolerable (perhaps early one of the next few mornings before the temps start climbing). About three hours ago I set the parameters on the monitor to those on the Battle Born page:

And the monitor is showing this (screenshot from a few minutes ago - late afternoon sun on the solar panel and plugged into shore power):

Battle Born says "... Keep in mind if you changed any settings, it will take 5 charges for them to calibrate." Is this what I should be seeing at this point? I'm not sure I now how to interpret what I'm seeing.

Thanks,

Rob
    Rob, it looks like at the time of the screen shot, you've got 9 3/4 amps of charge current going into the batteries. The 100% SOC is not accurate at that point in time and will need to be reset. A LFP battery is considered to be pretty much fully charged when a cell is 3.45V or 13.8V for the battery. The Victron does have a way to reset it or I think they maybe call it "syncing" it. Anyway, you are trying to achieve at least 13.8V for the battery voltage, and when that happens, do the reset/sync for the SOC. Hope that helps.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Thanks,

Rob
    I am pretty sure my Victron monitor resynches automatically as needed. If I toggle to the history page it shows a count of how many times it has done it. IIRC, last I looked it was up to 26.

I am not sure if this is a feature that I somehow enabled, or if it came out ot the box programmed that way.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My has re-synced 6 times - nothing I've deliberately set that I know of.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I am pretty sure my Victron monitor resynches automatically as needed. If I toggle to the history page it shows a count of how many times it has done it. IIRC, last I looked it was up to 26.

I am not sure if this is a feature that I somehow enabled, or if it came out ot the box programmed that way.
    I've got the BMV 712 and the Victron app on my phone. In the settings > battery> section you can toggle a switch on/off that makes it do it automatically plus there is a "Synchronize" button to do it manually. Mine is set to do it automatically and probably is the default setting...I don't remember. On mine, I keep the 300A switch that is the battery main, off/open to keep it from staying at full battery charge. So when I turn that back on, my re-syncs, to 100% SOC...no matter if the battery is fully charged or at some lower SOC. When I get done charging the battery, I usually just hit the Synchronize button and that takes it to 100% SOC.....and it really is.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Mine is set to do it automatically and probably is the default setting...I don't remember.
    I think it is because I did not change any config values other then the ones Battleborn suggested.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345