User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GFI Ground fault interrupter plug hard to find

Also I will make note at this time that when the ground fault breaker‘s dead stop the power out of the electrical units, the push button for the ground fault, GFI is hidden under the one end of the sink, in a not very practical place in the unit to find. Did a lot of searching to locate and correct the problem. FYI! Dennis

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisLoriGD View Post
    Also I will make note at this time that when the ground fault breaker‘s dead stop the power out of the electrical units, the push button for the ground fault, GFI is hidden under the one end of the sink, in a not very practical place in the unit to find. Did a lot of searching to locate and correct the problem. FYI! Dennis
    They hid mine in the outside kitchen behind the little TV. Found it by accident. Go figure!
    2020 Reflection 29RS 5th Wheel
    2019 GMC 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our old Aliner trailer the plug was on the one and only cabinet and our dogs tail kept hitting it. Kind of like it being out of the way but it would be nice if GD identified where the main gfi was hiding if it's not in the open.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is in the bathroom, right where the DW plugs in her flat iron and hair dryer with the big plugs that hit the reset button. Seems that every receptacle in the camper is on that circuit.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap and Mimi View Post
    Ours is in the bathroom, right where the DW plugs in her flat iron and hair dryer with the big plugs that hit the reset button. Seems that every receptacle in the camper is on that circuit.
    And this is why I wish GD would use GFCI circuit breakers instead of putting on the lead outlet in a circuit. Should would make finding/resetting a lot easier.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jproctor9 View Post
    And this is why I wish GD would use GFCI circuit breakers instead of putting on the lead outlet in a circuit. Should would make finding/resetting a lot easier.
    I’m sure they did that from cost reduction. A GFCI breaker runs around $60-$70 vs $15-$20 for a GFCI outlet.

After reading this I may replace my GFCI circuits with GFCI breakers and swap out the outlets with standard outlets.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I’m sure they did that from cost reduction. A GFCI breaker runs around $60-$70 vs $15-$20 for a GFCI outlet.

After reading this I may replace my GFCI circuits with GFCI breakers and swap out the outlets with standard outlets.
    Is this an easy swap? I found yesterday as I was running the generator (Camper in storage, doing some pre-travel set up) that the GFCI in the bathroom was clicking. My first thought was it is a bad GFCI from factory, however, I had the shore power line plugged into a generator, without a neutral ground bonding pluc, so I thought that could have triggered the noise. I bought a plug and will try that next time I am at the unit.

If it's as easy as swapping a circuit breaker with a GFCI type and replacing the GFCI outlet with a regular outlet, that seems like a better long term solution.
    Clark and Jane (& Riley our Chocolate Lab)
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R, Solar Package, Slide Toppers, ABS
    2022 Silverado 3500HD SRW 8' High Country, B&W Companion 20K Hitch
    Previous Rigs: 2016 Cross Roads Sunset by THOR - 250RB, 2016 2500 HD Double Cab Gas