User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swagman Dispatch bike rack

I am looking at purchasing the Swagman Dispatch bike rack for the back of our 5th wheel. Does anybody use this bike rack on the back of a Reflection trailer? If so do the handlebars of the inside bike clear the back of the trailer without rubbing against it?
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    I am looking at purchasing the Swagman Dispatch bike rack for the back of our 5th wheel. Does anybody use this bike rack on the back of a Reflection trailer? If so do the handlebars of the inside bike clear the back of the trailer without rubbing against it?
    I use it and like it.

But I do loosen the handlebar stem on the inner bike and rotate the handlebars to keep it away from the trailer. Takes about 30 seconds each time.

A rack that stuck out far enough to clear would be less stable.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    I use it and like it.

But I do loosen the handlebar stem on the inner bike and rotate the handlebars to keep it away from the trailer. Takes about 30 seconds each time.

A rack that stuck out far enough to clear would be less stable.
    Ditto. Great bike rack.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to rotate the bars on mine.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve used the Swagman Dispatch for about six years and over 35K miles. I’ve never had any trouble with the rack. Just make sure that the bolt on the receiver is torqued to the correct amount.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i currently use the swagman dispatch and have no issues at all. i will try to get some pictures posted later with the bikes loaded. one word of caution. check the weight of the bikes you will be carrying as the dispatch is rated for 2 bikes at 45lbs each. if your bikes are heavier such as e bikes you might want to check out the swagman E-spec which is rated for 2 bikes up to 70lbs each and rv certified.

i took some measurements and i have about 6-8 inches of clearance between the handlebars and the back of the camper. there is clearance for the ladder and the clearance for the handlebars really depends on the bike that you load closest to the trailer, my wife's beach Cruser bars have clearance but if i load my bike first the handlebars touch so i would need to turn the bars sideways as stated in the other posts. hope this helps , have a great weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5546a.jpg   IMG_5550a.jpg   IMG_5544a.jpg  
    Last edited by jalapeno1965; 08-12-2022 at 02:11 PM. Reason: updating information
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP here...I did end up buying this bike rack, haven't had the chance to try it yet but will be next weekend. I did put it together and it looks like a quality bike rack. I noticed they say to remove the pin and clamp that is used to put it in storage or fold down mode if using it on an RV, and they include the replacement bolt and nut to use in that case. I like the idea of being able to fold it down for storage, but also understand the fixed bolt and nut will make it stronger for RV use. Just wondering if you have all done that, or left it as is from factory?
    2016 Chevy Silverado LT Duramax
    2022 Reflection 295RL, after owning 2 Rockwood 8289's

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP here...I did end up buying this bike rack, haven't had the chance to try it yet but will be next weekend. I did put it together and it looks like a quality bike rack. I noticed they say to remove the pin and clamp that is used to put it in storage or fold down mode if using it on an RV, and they include the replacement bolt and nut to use in that case. I like the idea of being able to fold it down for storage, but also understand the fixed bolt and nut will make it stronger for RV use. Just wondering if you have all done that, or left it as is from factory?
    Mine did not come with a pin or an option to make it fold. I see the current instructions are different from mine. I believe I’d bolt it. Anything with play isn’t good.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i replaced the pin with the provided bolt because i know how much stress can be put on anything hanging off the back. i have used this bike rack for almost a year now with 0 issues.
    US Air Force Retired
    Mike and Jean Mcloud Oklahoma
    2021 Ram Tradesman 3500 CCLB 4x4 Srw 6.4HEMI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS