Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transcend random caulk smears removal

The guys at the factory were a little overzealous with the caulk on our new Transcend. There are a few "smears" in random spots. I am thinking of using a bit of mineral spirits on a cloth to clean off the caulk but am worried that the spirits might damage the surface finish. Any recommendations or thoughts from Transcend owners out there???

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd use a plastic razor blade for more precise removal. I believe I'd avoid the mineral spirits for fear of damaging the surface, or leaving a lightened spot. Or leave it be if it isn't that bad.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd probably just try with a dry cloth, first. It's not silicone, it's probably 2300 MHRV or very similar, which seems to come off very easily with a little friction. I removed the extra from around my running lights after I took them off, and I didn't use any chemicals, just some paper towel IIRC and a small amount of elbow grease.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5