User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Imagine 2600RB

Back into an RV after 3 years off. Always had toyhaulers before. We pick it up on Wednesday.
    Looking for recommendations for batterys as the dealer doesn't supply them.
    I'm not sure how the 12 volt ref. is going to tax the system.
    Dry camp most of the time so if the AC isn't needed I will bring my Honda EU2000i generator.

Thank you
    Mike&Kim

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by colanut View Post
    Back into an RV after 3 years off. Always had toyhaulers before. We pick it up on Wednesday.
    Looking for recommendations for batterys as the dealer doesn't supply them.
    I'm not sure how the 12 volt ref. is going to tax the system.
    Dry camp most of the time so if the AC isn't needed I will bring my Honda EU2000i generator.

Thank you
    Mike&Kim
    Welcome to the forum @colanut, hope you are enjoying the new coach. The 12-volt refrigerator draws somewhere between 3 and 6 Amps per hour, so a robust battery system is important. Personally, I found the investment in LiFePo4 batteries to be very worthwhile, I have 4 200 Ah for a total of 800 Ah. That handles my 12-volt refer and my other needs for up to 4 days of dry camping. I'm also working up an 800-watt solar system which should extend my time away from shore power.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the included GD solar on my unit (don't recall specs right now) cover the 12v compressor refrigerator? I guess I understood that with some batt capacity and that solar panel, that was the intent- to try to keep up with the fridge.
    2022 Imagine 2400BH, 2021 Ford Expedition Max, the wonderful wife, 3 teens, and 1 right behind em....
    Former Lance 2185 owner, and have towed with 2017 Ford Expy EL, and 2006 Ford Expy.
    Favorite places to RV? Yellowstone National Park- we've been 10+ times!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kizler View Post
    Does the included GD solar on my unit (don't recall specs right now) cover the 12v compressor refrigerator? I guess I understood that with some batt capacity and that solar panel, that was the intent- to try to keep up with the fridge.
    The solar alone probably won't keep up with what the frig needs for very long. You'll have to evaluate how you camp, if you do much off-grid you're going to need more battery power and probably a genny and/or more solar.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S