User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slide out on 2021 Reflection 260 RD

Our slide out is rubbing on the floor in the center and wearing the vinyl. In measuring with it out I found the refrigerator side top to be 1/2 inch out farther than the bottom. I've watched a few you tube videos and think I can remove the track and motor but would like some input. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaS View Post
    Our slide out is rubbing on the floor in the center and wearing the vinyl. In measuring with it out I found the refrigerator side top to be 1/2 inch out farther than the bottom. I've watched a few you tube videos and think I can remove the track and motor but would like some input. Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Hey there @TeresaS, it looks like this is your first post, welcome to the forum. We have the next year's 260RD and love it. But I get that the slide rubbing is not satisfactory. The best source of information on the Schwintek slides I've found is Lippert's free course (https://lippert.thinkific.com/courses/Schwintek). There's a wealth of content in that course, hope it has what you need.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TeresaS we have a 2022 260RD. The middle two feet (approx) of the front edge of the slide just touches the floor.

I'm convinced it's more about the length of that unsupported edge drooping (for lack of a better word) than it is a slide issue.

I reported it to GD by email, along with detailed photos, in case it becomes worse.

In the mean time, we use a very thin carpet runner that I turn upside down (so carpet side is on the floor) and place on the floor before bringing the slide in. This way at least I'm not damaging the linoleum.

It's worked so far, and we've used it quite a bit.

Having said all that - the entire slide system was recently replaced (rear motor and gears grinding - probably caused by an incorrect installation of the H Colunm at the factory) and we haven't used it since. I'm curious to see if the repair somehow increases the clearance of the slide on the floor a little. I think ours would be fine if the middle were only higher by a fraction of an inch.
    Mike and Rebecca Mullin, Bend OR
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2001 Chev 2500 HD, 8.1-liter gas, 4x4

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmullin View Post
    @TeresaS we have a 2022 260RD. The middle two feet (approx) of the front edge of the slide just touches the floor.

I'm convinced it's more about the length of that unsupported edge drooping (for lack of a better word) than it is a slide issue.

I reported it to GD by email, along with detailed photos, in case it becomes worse.

In the mean time, we use a very thin carpet runner that I turn upside down (so carpet side is on the floor) and place on the floor before bringing the slide in. This way at least I'm not damaging the linoleum.

It's worked so far, and we've used it quite a bit.

Having said all that - the entire slide system was recently replaced (rear motor and gears grinding - probably caused by an incorrect installation of the H Colunm at the factory) and we haven't used it since. I'm curious to see if the repair somehow increases the clearance of the slide on the floor a little. I think ours would be fine if the middle were only higher by a fraction of an inch.
    Could you share some pictures? So far our slide has worked well. The one issue we had was that the side seals were covering a part of the track on the sides of the slide and would get caught up in the track when pulling the slide in. A little trimming with a sharp knife took care of that and they function quite smoothly now.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Soundsailor - sorry for the tardy reply! Hopefully I have attached the pictures correctly - when the slide is fully retracted into the trailer there is about 1/2" clearance between the ends of the slide platform and the floor of the trailer. However, that tapers to nothing at the middle of the slide platform. The middle couple of feet make contact with the main floor.

The two white objects on the floor are pieces of note paper (thin) that I tried to slide between the main floor and the slide platform. The area in-between the two pieces of paper was where there was enough contact that I couldn't slip the paper underneath.

I don't know how much pressure it's putting on the main floor, but I place a very thin carpet runner on the main floor before bringing the slide in. Hopefully that will protect the floor. We're having a VROOM slide installed in October and I'll be curious to see if that helps. I'm not expecting VROOM to solve this problem, but maybe they can raise the entire slide 1/8th" and that might give us some clearance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	End of slide.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	42683

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide retracted.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	42684
    Mike and Rebecca Mullin, Bend OR
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD