User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane gas hose hole

Heard something yesterday while at our camp site and went to go investigate. Opened the passthrough first thinking the sound came from there and then smelled the unpleasant indicator of gas. Heard gas flowing from the tank area and turned off the gas. Not knowing what happened I thought it was going to end our trip. We were actually heading to the lake and decided to go anyway to cool off and possibly be the last time. Got back from the lake, pulled off the tank cover and saw the hole in the hose. There's two tanks and the hole was in the hose to one of them. Decided to disconnect that tank completely and turn the other gas tank back on. Camping trip saved! I recall there being a kink where the hole is and maybe that compromised it. I didn't think much of it since it came installed that way.

This was one of several moments on this trip that would have caused us to go home earlier than expected. Glad they were reconciled and able to finish the weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hosedamage.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	42378
    2021 Imagine XLS 23bhe
    2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland v8 4WD | 7,400 tow | 6800 GVWR
    Husky WD 30849 w/ sway control kit | Tekonsha brake controller
    Jeep + driver and 2 passengers = 5,990 | Trailer = 6,520 | Tongue = 760

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen a lp hose blow like that. I realize that it's between the tank and regulator but didn't realize that there's that much pressure. Glad it didn't ruin your trip.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Just glad to hear everyone is safe. That failure had a lot of potential for something really bad to happen. Time to go inspect all my hoses, at the tanks, stove, behind the fridge, and under the trailer.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjokibbe View Post
    Heard something yesterday while at our camp site and went to go investigate. Opened the passthrough first thinking the sound came from there and then smelled the unpleasant indicator of gas. Heard gas flowing from the tank area and turned off the gas. Not knowing what happened I thought it was going to end our trip. We were actually heading to the lake and decided to go anyway to cool off and possibly be the last time. Got back from the lake, pulled off the tank cover and saw the hole in the hose. There's two tanks and the hole was in the hose to one of them. Decided to disconnect that tank completely and turn the other gas tank back on. Camping trip saved! I recall there being a kink where the hole is and maybe that compromised it. I didn't think much of it since it came installed that way.

This was one of several moments on this trip that would have caused us to go home earlier than expected. Glad they were reconciled and able to finish the weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hosedamage.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	42378
    A kinked Propane hose is never good !!!!

Glad things turned out safe.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is factory it more than likely a cheap version. Type 1 Acme connectors come with thermal and broken line protection.

https://www.etrailer.com/Propane-Fit...RoCBeEQAvD_BwE

We also use gas stop on both of our tanks.

Good luck.
    Randy and Kris