User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all of the helpful replies. I like the idea of lubing the cable to see if that is the problem. If not, I will attempt to remove the panel in the storage bay to see if I can tell if the cable is kinked or has a poor bend radius.

As for the Warranty, the original paperwork shows it was purchased on 08/21/21, so I think that means I have 12 days left. I will check with Grand Design today to see what they say and ask about using a mobile tech to get it repaired.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGD380FL View Post
    Thank you for all of the helpful replies. I like the idea of lubing the cable to see if that is the problem. If not, I will attempt to remove the panel in the storage bay to see if I can tell if the cable is kinked or has a poor bend radius.

As for the Warranty, the original paperwork shows it was purchased on 08/21/21, so I think that means I have 12 days left. I will check with Grand Design today to see what they say and ask about using a mobile tech to get it repaired.
    Hope the repair goes well, let us know how you make out.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with a stuck gray water valve; mine was tied to a cable bend radius issue. Good news is I fixed that five years ago and have had zero issues since.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with Grand Design this morning and they confirmed my Warranty is good until 08/21/22. They authorized a mobile RV technician to come out and make the repairs.

The initial maximum estimate to remove the Chloroplast underbelly and replace the valve is as follows:

3 hours of labor: ($175 for first hour, 125 for the others) = $425
    Valve Replacement: ($150 - 200 depending on length of cable) = $200
    Total = $625

The mobile Tech said if it is a kink in the cable or it just needs lube, it will be 1 hour of labor. ($175)
    Total = $175

Grand Design initially said they will approve 2 hours of labor, plus the parts for a total of $400. This means we are off by $225 if I go with the high end estimate.

Does the high end price seem reasonable compared to what others have paid in the past?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spoke with Grand Design this morning and they confirmed my Warranty is good until 08/21/22. They authorized a mobile RV technician to come out and make the repairs.

The initial maximum estimate to remove the Chloroplast underbelly and replace the valve is as follows:

3 hours of labor: ($175 for first hour, 125 for the others) = $425
    Valve Replacement: ($150 - 200 depending on length of cable) = $200
    Total = $625

The mobile Tech said if it is a kink in the cable or it just needs lube, it will be 1 hour of labor. ($175)
    Total = $175

Grand Design initially said they will approve 2 hours of labor, plus the parts for a total of $400. This means we are off by $225 if I go with the high end estimate.

Does the high end price seem reasonable compared to what others have paid in the past?
    Personally, I'd be happy to pay the $225 difference if meant a functioning tank. Most mobile techs really know what they're doing. You could try fixing it yourself if the price seems too high. But just in terms of time saved the choice would be easy for me.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Personally, I'd be happy to pay the $225 difference if meant a functioning tank. Most mobile techs really know what they're doing. You could try fixing it yourself if the price seems too high. But just in terms of time saved the choice would be easy for me.
    I emailed the GD customer service representative with the details of the estimate, but I have not heard back. I hope he approves the higher amount, but I am not holding my breath.

I agree the $225 cost to have all of my dump valves working is worth it vs me tearing apart a $75K camper I just bought last weekend. When my warranty expires in two weeks, I will do most of the repairs myself, as I have done on my previous campers.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 hrs labour's sounds OK. I haven't removed my underbelly yet and I hope I don't have to. I've had really good experience so far with mobile techs.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the estimate is ok.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I emailed the GD customer service representative with the details of the estimate, but I have not heard back. I hope he approves the higher amount, but I am not holding my breath.

I agree the $225 cost to have all of my dump valves working is worth it vs me tearing apart a $75K camper I just bought last weekend. When my warranty expires in two weeks, I will do most of the repairs myself, as I have done on my previous campers.
    To follow-up on my own message, the GD CS rep emailed me back and said they have approved the high-end estimate and I can proceed with the repairs.

This is fantastic and makes me happy we purchased another Grand Design camper!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My black valve stuck just recently and just out of warranty on my 2600rb. I called GD and they sent me one out free, but I had to do the work. Not a hard job but I recommend buying some eternabond tape to patch up the cuts you’ll make on the underbelly cloroplastic or whatever it’s called.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast