User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mobile RV tech came to our campsite last weekend to work on the stuck gray valve.

As it turns out, the long rod was bent behind the panel and scored from being forced in and out too many times. After taking the wall panel down, he was able to straighten the rod. Then, he filed down the scoring to get it moving freely again. He also greased all four valves to help keep them operating smoothly. He did not have to take the Chloroplast down to replace the valve, so he only charged me for a single hour of his time. ($175)

I submitted the paperwork to Grand Design, so I hope to get reimbursed shortly.
    2021 Ford Super Duty 6.7L Diesel Tremor w/ Carli Suspension
    B&W Gooseneck Turnover w/ 4" Offset Ball
    2021 Imagine 3100RD w/ Blue Ox WDH
    2021 Solitude 380FL w/ Goosebox and Solar Panels

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately this just happened to me this morning. I tried to close the gray tank, and it bent the rod. It scored up the rod, a buddy got out a grinder with a sanding disc and we got it closed temporarily. Hopefully it'll open/close for awhile. Fingers crossed

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So grateful for all the posts on this question. My hubby has been spraying our gray tank valve for a few days and this post really gave him the courage to fix this today. So appreciate folks sharing their ideas here so that a couple of newbies could tackle a sticky situation! Love our 2018 Grand Design Imagine 2500 RK. We will be lubricating the valves with each dump and my hubby thinks this valve got stuck from road spray. No longer anxious about our pending 6 wk trip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123