User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gray Water Dump Valve is Stuck

We just picked up a lightly used 2021 Solitude 380FL over the weekend. We spent a couple of days at a local KOA to work out the kinks and I discovered one of the gray tank dump valves is not working.

The top gray tank valve is very hard to move in and out from inside the storage area, and the water is not released when pulled all the way out. The camper only has a couple of weeks left on the warranty, so I doubt I will be able to get it in anywhere to have it fixed on their dime. What is my best course of action to get it resolved on my own?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a few reasons this can happen

1. The valve itself could be stuck or sticking
    2. The cable could be binding or bent between the valve and the pull on the other end
    3. The cable may need a bit of lube

Obviously, the first is a worst case, you have to drop the chloroplast and work your way to the valve to replace it
    For the second one, you would still need to do the chloroplast, but just redo the cable so it doesn’t bind
    For the third, just try to spray some lube in the sleeves the cable goes through, I would do this first and see if it helps.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call GD and get the issue documented with a claim number before the warranty runs out so if you can't fix it on your own you'll be covered and able to take it to the dealer or possibly a mobile tech
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would go the mobile RV repair route myself, once you get GD authorization. If your mechanically inclined to do your own work, I would hang out with the tech and watch him maintenance the valve in question. That way you can see several things; 1) the removal/reinstall steps of the coroplast, 2) the location of the tanks and routing of the valve lines, 3) anything else that might be of interest (such any potential water leaks etc underneath), 4) be sure to take some pictures for future reference because if you keep and use your trailer long enough, you'll probably need to replace the valve seals or remove the coroplast again for some other reason in the future.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly what they both said. GD will honor the warranty.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m new here. Is coroplast the underbelly cover?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorthrv View Post
    I’m new here. Is coroplast the underbelly cover?
    Welcome to the forum!

Yes, the chloroplast is the underbelly membrane.

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    There are a few reasons this can happen

1. The valve itself could be stuck or sticking
    2. The cable could be binding or bent between the valve and the pull on the other end
    3. The cable may need a bit of lube

Obviously, the first is a worst case, you have to drop the chloroplast and work your way to the valve to replace it
    For the second one, you would still need to do the chloroplast, but just redo the cable so it doesn’t bind
    For the third, just try to spray some lube in the sleeves the cable goes through, I would do this first and see if it helps.

Bill
    Here’s how I do #3 on tractor shift cables, as long as the cable has a full length poly sheath:
    Remove the handle, and remove the cable from its mounting. Get a small pressure container for flushing A/C systems and connect it with a small hose to the cable end with a hose clamp. Make up a mix of WD-40 and motor oil, place in the container, and VERY gently pressurize the bottle. It will push it thru the full length of the cable. Works like a champ.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    Here’s how I do #3 on tractor shift cables, as long as the cable has a full length poly sheath:
    Remove the handle, and remove the cable from its mounting. Get a small pressure container for flushing A/C systems and connect it with a small hose to the cable end with a hose clamp. Make up a mix of WD-40 and motor oil, place in the container, and VERY gently pressurize the bottle. It will push it thru the full length of the cable. Works like a champ.
    Good idea!! Similiar to the cable line lube tool.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGD380FL View Post
    We just picked up a lightly used 2021 Solitude 380FL over the weekend. We spent a couple of days at a local KOA to work out the kinks and I discovered one of the gray tank dump valves is not working.

The top gray tank valve is very hard to move in and out from inside the storage area, and the water is not released when pulled all the way out. The camper only has a couple of weeks left on the warranty, so I doubt I will be able to get it in anywhere to have it fixed on their dime. What is my best course of action to get it resolved on my own?
    Are you the second owner of the trailer? If so check the Grand Design warranty to make sure you have a warranty.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast