Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Larry from going from the 80's to 85's have you had any problem with the tires hitting the trailer at the top. If I'm not mistaken the 85's are about an inch taller.
    Hi Gary. Keep in mind that a 1" taller tire will raise the trailer 1/2" and be 1/2" taller in the "wheel well". How close are your current tires to hitting at full suspension compression? And are you changing wheel diameters (15 to 16")? I remember reading that some of the early Reflections had axles mounted directly to the frame then later units had a 2"(?) spacer added to raise the trailer. On our Solitude, there is plenty of clearance, but that may not apply to your trailer. That being said, I do not think you would have any clearance issues, but you are wise to ask.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I will check. Yhis is a momentum which is essentially the toy hauler version of the solitude (i think). Anyway the are built similiar. I did the Grand Design factory tour of the Solitudes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12