User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outdated Reference Materials Question

I've been having trouble with our hot water heater and wanted to see if it could be converter / power related. When I found what looked like a link in the Reference Materials section all the links in the thread on the subject were bad, but I can't post there. So how do we update / delete reference materials links that are are now broken/bad. My example is:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...Material-Only)
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    I've been having trouble with our hot water heater and wanted to see if it could be converter / power related. When I found what looked like a link in the Reference Materials section all the links in the thread on the subject were bad, but I can't post there. So how do we update / delete reference materials links that are are now broken/bad. My example is:

Could this be the article you're looking for? https://www.rv.com/archive/power-up/
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I deleted that thread pointing to al those out-dated links. Perhaps Soundsailor has found what you may have been looking for.

We don't check those references often (if ever). So thank you for pointing out the matter and helping us stay up to date.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the article I was looking for.... but since I never saw the article before now.... I have no idea.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I deleted that thread pointing to al those out-dated links. Perhaps Soundsailor has found what you may have been looking for.

We don't check those references often (if ever). So thank you for pointing out the matter and helping us stay up to date.

I noticed that there are only a few threads with "last post" dates that are less than a years or more old.

Why is that? Is it because reference materials are available elsewhere? Where?

Are there restrictions on posting material there?

ALOT is missing. For example my trailer is a 2019, yet there are none of the specific manuals for my trailer's equipment... Not the radio, water heater, fridge. At least not in that area. And searching the whole forum isn't bearing fruit. Not in the electronics forum for the radio. I did find a pdf deeply buried in the Jansen website... I could copy and post it here... but I appear to not have those rights. And frankly, just posting a link is a joke on today's web, because companies change their sites so frequently.

I have printed manuals, but it sure would be nice to leave all that paper at home and carry it on my computer disk and a nice place for them all would be this forum. Which is what I expected to find.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about all that reference material. Keeping it up to date would be an endless job. From time to time we find someone with some information we find might be useful for others, so we post a link to it. And, as you said, "...posting a link is a joke on today's web, because companies change their sites so frequently....".

We don't get much feedback on the reference material in a lot of areas. As we do we update it or delete it when it comes to our attention.

... Why is that? Is it because reference materials are available elsewhere? Where? Yes; and there isn't a lot of clamoring for it from our members. They seem to find it or when asking for help others always chime in and point them in the right direction.

Are there restrictions on posting material there? No. Post what you'd like. As long as it is within out community rules.

ALOT is missing.... it isn't so much that it is missing, it's that no one is posting it (I guess maybe it missing in that case).

...searching the whole forum isn't bearing fruit.... ...we find that almost all requests for information bears 'fruit'... a lot of times if members can't find what they are after other members chip in to help find it (here or elsewhere on the web.

I have printed manuals, but it sure would be nice to leave all that paper at home and carry it on my computer disk and a nice place for them all would be this forum. Which is what I expected to find.
    Again, sorry you aren't finding everything you want. I'm not even sure GD's sales web site has all the information; this isn't a web site owned or operated or associated with Grand Design, it's just a bund of good 'ol owners (and some non-owners) having fun while helping others out. I hope this doesn't discourage you from continued participation in our forum.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 08-10-2022 at 11:11 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the past the reference material/links have been through member input. It remains that way today. In several I have edited out or replaced links that's were out dated. Also noted if anyone has a correction to add please let us know.

As a moderator I would welcome member input and would post such. If any member would put a list of links together for their specific model, send it to any of the mods we would be happy to add it.

The reason it is a read only is because there will end up being posts and questions made in there that should be in other forum sections . Trying to keep that section free of conversation and reference only is the end goal
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/