User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I think you'll be greatly dissapointed.
    Imagines are built as cheap as possible.
    1" thick walls. Weak suspension parts.
    Layouts are great but thats it.
    Aside from the usual RV parts issues you do get what you pay for.
    I've never visited any of the Airstream forums. I wonder if the owners have similar complaints as GD owners. Over the years I've come to the conclusion that choosing a trailer is a "compromise" in all departments.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What brand you think I should look at? Thanks for the opinion.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemonunez View Post
    What brand you think I should look at? Thanks for the opinion.
    I see that you are in WA. Have you considered Outdoor RV (https://www.outdoorsrvmfg.com/)? We put money down on an ORV TT but ultimately decided to go with a Momentum toy hauler.

BTW: We are happy with our decision to get the Grand Design... If you like the Imagine, go with it. I see a ton of them in the campgrounds.

-B
    Fulltime RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon JKU - Harley FLTRU
    2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS
    Also considering a Polaris General XP 1000 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am happy with the quality of my Imagine 2800BH. I would hope the Airstream would be better quality with the price difference but I have never had them.

The 2800 did have suspension issues that were resolved, I believe in 2018 or 19. I have not heard of any current suspension issues. Is the GD perfect? No, but probably equal or slightly better then my Flagstaff Signature which is at the higher end of the Forest River TTs.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemonunez View Post
    I’m thinking about trading in my 25ft 2017 Airstream for a 2022 Grand Design imagine 2910BH. I have nothing but good things with the airstream, but with 2 kids and wanting to stay places longer the 2910BH makes sense. Wondering if anyone has had a similar transition and looking for overall experience? I’m mostly concerned with dependability and maintenance.

Thanks
    One option may be to rent the same or similar model. Try it our for a couple weeks and see what you think. I've had great luck with my Reflection 303RLS while others have have multiple issues. My personal experience with GD customer support has been possitive.
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been curious if the Airstream quaity has changed any since thor bought them out. I have heard that the quality of the DRV models have changed since thor bought them out.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 08-10-2022 at 04:50 PM. Reason: add to
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve personally been looking very hard at airstreams. I keep coming up with 3-4 areas that keep me in my Imagine. Risk of hail damage, no slides, no good floor plans for families and very small tank sizes. The Airstreams seem to deprecate slower but the overall costs seem higher because of the initial outlay. With that said, they are great campers and a higher level of quality, it’s up to the buyer to consider how much that quality should cost.

So we are looking within the Grand Design family for our next rig. The 2910BH is on our short list, it’s a great camper. We have that full with bathroom already and it’s fantastic. I find the current fifth wheel bunkhouse campers lacking a good flooorplan or length in the 32-35 range. I think only the Reflection 150 series is an option, like the 278BH.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever shortcomings in quality the GD might have vs airstream, they can all be overcome. I've seen issues with springs, frames, axles, water intrusion, appliances, with every make and model out there. Just search YouTube. Let's face it, they are all built like crap in some fashion. You just can't get a solidly built house on a frame to tow behind a vehicle and head out across the Country. These things have to be light and they have to be cheap for the average buyer. Look for the floor plan you like in the price range you want and brush up on your DIY skills. It's all good!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    GD is just like any other mainstream manufacturer. E.g. lots of staples. You may have a great experience, or you may get a lemon. GD's main claim to fame isn't build quality, it's customer service. They still seem respectable in that regard. But other manufacturers do set a pretty low bar...
    Totally agree with your comments. With regard to customer service, I've owned three other trailers since 1995, Grand Design has certainly been exceptional in this department.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I think you'll be greatly dissapointed.
    Imagines are built as cheap as possible.
    1" thick walls. Weak suspension parts.
    Layouts are great, but that is it.
    Aside from the usual RV parts issues you do get what you pay for.
    I own a 2019 Imagine 2670MK. Build quality no better than most others and that it is pretty poor. That said like others I love the floor plan and am living full time in mine. I have had significant problems attributed to manufacturing defects which I have written about already elsewhere in the forums if you search.

It helps to be handy to fix things. I graduated from 6 weeks of training at the National RV Training Academy to become a certified RV technician. They have a RV fundamentals class which is for anyone and very good.

Grand Design customer service is very good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast