User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 24” piece of 1/2” pvc pipe, on ground that does not slope, is straight. I can place the pipe on the rear of the frame where the underbody sheet meets the frame. It is almost exactly 24”. I then can adjust the height of the lift so I get an equal height at the frame just after the tongue A frame. To me this is a level frame for measuring the coupler height. I came to 23.XXX inches.

I tuned my Andersen hitch for that height.

On tow day, the rear frame is at 24” and the front frame is at 23.5” as tuned by the Andersen chains and adjustment nuts. Gives me a very solid and minimal sway ride.
    Randy and Kris

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    I thought the OP was trying to level the trailer for living in, not traveling. Definitely over thinking it for traveling. Like was said, eyeballing it will work fine, and a quick measurement, comparing front and rear, will put your mind at ease. It's not rocket science. Level is good, perfectly level isn't necessary.
    My apologies. I somehow forgot to mention that this was for setting up the PP3 hitch bar assembly. Again, so sorry. I thank all for the input as now, I think I have it figured out well enough.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No apologies necessary, it all comes out in the wash.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12