User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vertical lights on both left and right upper rear

I recently purchased a 2022 390rkr solitude. Can someone tell me what are the lights located on both right and left upper corner sides? I thought is was side marker lights. I plugged into truck and checked running lights, and reverse lights. I also checked to see if turn signal worked the lights and it didn’t. I have no idea how to get them on. Cannot find switch. Front cap switch doesn’t turn them on. I really thought that they were either backup lights when in reverse or lights that can turn on by a switch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wfournier View Post
    I recently purchased a 2022 390rkr solitude. Can someone tell me what are the lights located on both right and left upper corner sides? I thought is was side marker lights. I plugged into truck and checked running lights, and reverse lights. I also checked to see if turn signal worked the lights and it didn’t. I have no idea how to get them on. Cannot find switch. Front cap switch doesn’t turn them on. I really thought that they were either backup lights when in reverse or lights that can turn on by a switch.
    Hello and welcome to the forums.

Are you referring to the set of lights at the top of the rear wall on the outside? There are three in the center and one on each corner. If so, those are all part of the running lights (same as the tail and side marker lights). They should all come on when the parking or headlights are on. If they are incandescent (as is our 2018 Solitude) I would first take the lens off (a flat screwdriver or a coin) and verify the light bulbs are good (working) and in place. Have you or the dealer added a rear view camera (middle, center of the rear wall)? The reason I ask is sometimes the power for the camera is off the same circuit. The factory camera power wires run in the same area. Any work in this area may have pulled a connection loose. Not an easy area to access the wiring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9044.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	42423

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are Strip LED lights on driver and passenger side of camper to the rear, mounted vertically, approx 1’ in length.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are Strip LED lights on driver and passenger side of camper to the rear, mounted vertically, approx 1’ in length.
    @Wfournier -

Can you post a photo of the lights you're talking about?

BTW, welcome to the forum. Here are a few starter tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Wfournier, welcome to the forum. Hope you're enjoying the new coach. We don't have the Solitude, so I can't help with the question of the lights. However, there are many knowledgeable folks here who are happy to assist. Keep any questions coming.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    @Wfournier -

Can you post a photo of the lights you're talking about?

BTW, welcome to the forum. Here are a few starter tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Here is a picture of the location. They are not in the back, they are on each side at the top. I have tried to attach a picture. New to this so not sure it will work. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lights.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	42425

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a picture of the location. They are not in the back, they are on each side at the top. I have tried to attach a picture. New to this so not sure it will work. Click image for larger version. 

Nothing like that on my Solitude 373, are you sure they’re lights and not just reflectors? Can you pop the lens off to check?

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo worked - thanks. Those don't look like running lights to me. Have you turned on the awning and porch lights to see if they come on with them?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve @huntr70 probably knows. Hopefully Steve will chime in. Thanks, in advance as always for your help, Steve !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 1:30 in this video they are not present.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpAkJH4SfA

If it was a previous owned it may have been an add on from other owner to tie into running lights if they are powered.

Good luck with this mystery.
    Randy and Kris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast