User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First trip issues

I took my new camper for it's first trip to Oshkosh, WI for AirVenture 2022 airshow and had the following issues.

1. Hot water heater stopped working on 120v and propane. After searching this forum I found others has problems with the high temp diode. Pulled it out and it was open both ways on my multi-meter so I reconnected the wire (brown) without the diode inline and I had hot water back. As a precaution I only had it on to preheat water and while using hot water as the diode is a safety disconnect if the water/unit gets too hot.

2. Spare tire under the camper dropped going down the interstate and rubbed clean thru the tire till it popped. Fortunately it didn't do any damage underneath the camper. I tried to crank it back up but the mechanism is stripped out.

Here is the best part of my story! When I got home I called Campers Inn formerly Tom Stinnett's RV in Clarksville Indiana where I bought and they were very helpful and got me in for service in 6 days. I dropped it off yesterday morning and the service writer did a complete walk around with me and then said they would have it done within a week at no charge. We will see if that actually happens but so far I am very pleased with their service department. They even gave me a $50 gift certificate to use for anything I needed for the camper or camping gear for my trouble.

Thank you to this forum for helping me and is why I became a site sponsor. I will update after I get my camper back and report my experience with Campers Inn.
    2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2019 Silverado 4X4 RST
    1966 Chevelle SS
    2012 Vans RV-10

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it didn’t stop your trip and you are hopefully getting quick repairs!
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tompotts View Post
    I took my new camper for it's first trip to Oshkosh, WI for AirVenture 2022 airshow and had the following issues.

1. Hot water heater stopped working on 120v and propane. After searching this forum I found others has problems with the high temp diode. Pulled it out and it was open both ways on my multi-meter so I reconnected the wire (brown) without the diode inline and I had hot water back. As a precaution I only had it on to preheat water and while using hot water as the diode is a safety disconnect if the water/unit gets too hot.

2. Spare tire under the camper dropped going down the interstate and rubbed clean thru the tire till it popped. Fortunately it didn't do any damage underneath the camper. I tried to crank it back up but the mechanism is stripped out.

Here is the best part of my story! When I got home I called Campers Inn formerly Tom Stinnett's RV in Clarksville Indiana where I bought and they were very helpful and got me in for service in 6 days. I dropped it off yesterday morning and the service writer did a complete walk around with me and then said they would have it done within a week at no charge. We will see if that actually happens but so far I am very pleased with their service department. They even gave me a $50 gift certificate to use for anything I needed for the camper or camping gear for my trouble.

Thank you to this forum for helping me and is why I became a site sponsor. I will update after I get my camper back and report my experience with Campers Inn.
    Wow, a positive story about a dealer. Seriously, hope it all works out as they promised. Also so glad that the experience others had shared helped you get your hot water back, the beauty of this forum.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a comment, it is a thermal fuse, not a diode. I had to replace mine the 1st year and now carry spares just in case.
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2017 Flagstaff 831CLBSS - Sold 5/2021.
    2017 F150 Super crew, 3.5EB, long bed, max tow, 1800lbs payload. Pro Pride, prior WDH Blue Ox SwayPro

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So nice to hear a positive story. Thanks for sharing.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First trip issues

Glad to hear positive stuff about a dealer, and very glad you enjoyed your vacation!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the dealer determine that the thermal fuse was at fault? Am having a similar issue, bought some spare fuses but no improvement. Seeing dealer Friday.

We owned a 2019 17MKE, traded for the 2022 22MLE that we presently own. That is a neat little trailer with a lot going for it in such a small package.

Post some pictures of that Chevelle sometime!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear.

Campers Inn Merrimack squeezed us in on Aug 5th 3 weeks after LCI request for expedited appointment for frame inspection prior to our 22nd departure. Very happy they were able to get us in. Filon was dropped and requested measurements taken. Waiting for results now and a call to pick it up (hopefully) since the frame inspection was the only item.

EDIT: Paperwork backlog at the dealership apparently - no results provided yet to GD or LCI according to both. Will drive over there today to nudge.
    Last edited by ajg617; 08-11-2022 at 09:59 AM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailerMan22 View Post
    Did the dealer determine that the thermal fuse was at fault? Am having a similar issue, bought some spare fuses but no improvement. Seeing dealer Friday.

We owned a 2019 17MKE, traded for the 2022 22MLE that we presently own. That is a neat little trailer with a lot going for it in such a small package.

Post some pictures of that Chevelle sometime!
    You can test the thermal fuse with a simple continuity meter. If it beeps it is good, otherwise, it is blown.

My GD Imagine 3100RD kept blowing them over and over until I finally found a post on this forum describing the problem. The thermostat that is attached to the outside of the hot water heater had come loose, so it was not pressed up against it causing it to continually overheat. I pushed the dangling thermostat back into the clip and I have not had a problem since. However, I now have 5 spares in my toolbox in case it happens again.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxGD380FL View Post
    You can test the thermal fuse with a simple continuity meter. If it beeps it is good, otherwise, it is blown.

My GD Imagine 3100RD kept blowing them over and over until I finally found a post on this forum describing the problem. The thermostat that is attached to the outside of the hot water heater had come loose, so it was not pressed up against it causing it to continually overheat. I pushed the dangling thermostat back into the clip and I have not had a problem since. However, I now have 5 spares in my toolbox in case it happens again.
    Thank you for this feedback. It’s very helpful. I’m not currently having an issue but will keep this in mind.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid