User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We love our 2970 RL

It is by far the most excellent and best floorplan we have ever had. It was a little heavier and longer than previous coaches, and I was a wee bit intimidated by it for the first few trips. Now that I have fully acclimated myself and paid homage and respect to the beast. It's true love.
    2021 Imagine 2970 RL
    Equalizer 2, 4-point hitch.
    2015 GMC Savana 2500 6.0 liter
    Locking rear differential. Bilstein shocks, heavy-duty trailering package, Tow/Haul mode.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    It is by far the most excellent and best floorplan we have ever had. It was a little heavier and longer than previous coaches, and I was a wee bit intimidated by it for the first few trips. Now that I have fully acclimated myself and paid homage and respect to the beast. It's true love.
    Wow, love the enthusiasm. So glad you're having a good time.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, it's a big expense and when pulling the trigger, you always have that question. Did I make the right choice? Glad you love it. Our neighbors at the Ontario rally gave me a tour of their 2970 and its a real nice rig.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the enthusiasm as well!

We have the same rig and feel the same exact way. While I have a modifier spirt and have torn through ours like a tornado I would pick the same one over and over again. Several people have asked why I dont just get a fiver and the answer is I really don't want one. The floor plan sold me, I will do the rest my way in my time.

Safe travels and enjoy the journey!
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro55 View Post
    Hi, my wife and I just picked up our 2970RL and I feel the same way. I love everything about it. Haven’t had a brand new trailer since 1989. We went through several others during our lives but this baby is our ultimate, bucket list, pot of gold. We spent three days at the 2022 Hersey Park Pa. RV show and compared all the same type of trailers, size, layout, features, etc. and the 2970RL was our winner. We did not want a 5th wheel when we could get the same thing in a Travel Trailer for less money, less weight, no stairs, and I have my full bed of my brand new High Country 2500 trailer pkg. tow vehicle. I am now trying to decide on which hitch to go with. Can’t wait to get started. Midnight…

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is one data point. I pull a big 312 BHTS with a Duramax 2500. I’m using an Equilizer Weight Distribution hitch which is working great for me. Previous rig had a Reese Dual Cam which was good but not as easy and streamlined as the Equilizer. Just my .02.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Flystar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Hensley Arrow- Probably overkill but I will say we pulled it to Montana in 45 MPH winds (Head and side) with no sway at all. I tend to be a paranoid safety first type. Installing Disc Brakes today.
    Ex-Nihilo
    2022 2970RL (Fabricated 1/4 Inch Bumper w/ RV Generator Boxes)
    1200AH Lithium, 1000w Solar w/ Victron Multi-Plus II
    5.5K Axles- EOH Disc Brakes- Hensley Arrow
    Road Master Slipper Springs
    2021 RAM Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7
    Chattanooga TN

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    I have a Hensley Arrow- Probably overkill but I will say we pulled it to Montana in 45 MPH winds (Head and side) with no sway at all. I tend to be a paranoid safety first type. Installing Disc Brakes today.
    Surprised you need disk brakes. Does the 2970 have 12"x2" shoes? I tow a 9600 lb TT with a 19 3500 CTD and have zero issues stopping. I tow a lot, like 80% of the time in the PNW with a lot of hills and mtns so good braking is paramount.

I have used an HA in the past and they're fantastic hitches. Took towing a previous truck/TT combo from two handed steering to one relaxed hand. Hrad for those that have never used them to comprehend how great they are.
    Last edited by goducks14; 11-03-2022 at 10:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not say I need Disc Brakes.

It’s stops fine. However, as with any trailer the stopping distance is longer thank just the truck with no trailer. Again, safety first I worked trauma for many years. I declare my paranoia.

I never heard anyone complain that their rig stopped too fast. The cost of install is a better deal than a deductible on an accident in my humble opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast